Problem with indicator

Hicks

Let's nuke 'em from orbit
Nov 26, 2002
Relocated Yorkshireman
Visit site
Got an intermittent problem with the front right indicator. It sometimes acts like the bulb has gone i.e. doesn't light, and the internal click goes double time, but I checked the bulb and it looks ok. The side indicator works fine.
Is this something I can try and fix myself? Any ideas?

PhilNeo

I had something similar on my Cupra. After a while of doing what you describe, it intermittantly didn't work at all, and then one day gave up completely. On mine, it affected all the indicators, though.

It was the flasher unit, which just meant a new Hazard Warning switch.

ljsanders

catch me if ypu can....
Feb 25, 2002
Havant Hampshire
Visit site
Yep same thing happened to me a few months ago.

Progressively go worse until the indicator arm was up, single flash with 1 click and then nothing. Mine was also the Hazard warning switch, it is an all-in-one integrated unit.

I had to drive around for 3 weeks without any indicators
(and putting up with people trying to tell me they were busted),
because they were on back order.

Hopefully, in your case, you won't have to wait as long as I had
to!

ljsanders

catch me if ypu can....
Feb 25, 2002
Havant Hampshire
Visit site
I believe its all part of the hazard warning switch in the centre of
your dashboard. The switch just to the right of the cup holder with the big red triangle on it :)

If it is it, change that and it should be sorted.

Rossg

Ok I have this exact problem and the dealer can't fit me in for over a week so how do I get the hazard switch out ? Does it pop out the front of the dash or do I need to get behind it... Can't be driving around without my indicators unless I slap a BMW badge on it !

leon1918

Jan 30, 2004
n.ire
Visit site
how does the hazard sw come out

Rossg said:
Ok I have this exact problem and the dealer can't fit me in for over a week so how do I get the hazard switch out ? Does it pop out the front of the dash or do I need to get behind it... Can't be driving around without my indicators unless I slap a BMW badge on it !
i have exactly the same problem , have ordered and recieved the sw and now how do i fit it???/

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Right it does pull out, but you'll need to take the dash facia trim off first.

open the ash tray, there's a screw at the top, undo this and pull the ashtray out, and there's two screws behind the ashtray. Then pull the HU out, and there's two screws either side of the dash behind that. Then the facia will ( eventually ) pull off. Then you can pull the switch out. The switches have metal clips which hold it in the dash which may come off. Try not to drop these behind the dash or they'll rattle away until they fall out the bottom.

Pete

Malice19

.:Cupra 4 The Win:.
Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
Can any tell me the part number or name for the indicator housing that holds the bulb on the front of the car, driver side?
As this problem keeps coming back and i have fixed it many times now by taking the bulb out and the using a plastic pen to bent the metal contact upwards so that it makes better contact with the bulb when putting the bulb back in.

Have tried this recently and it works for about a day then does the same, guessing the metal contact has become to weak to keep good contact on bulb.

Luckily i have a GSF parts in my neck of the woods so if some one know the part number and price i would be very grateful. Or just the Seat dealer part number would be good also.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.