problem with measuring blocks

bridgestone1234

Hi,
I have bought a vagcom interface but when I connect the car with laptop PC and run the engine measuring blocks I only have 22 measuring blocks, all others are empty.

I have a licence program, and I do not even have 25 blocks as I should have in shareware version.

So does my engine controller only have 22 blocks or is there anything wrong?

BTW I aslo do not have the blocks listed as they should be http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/index.html

PLEASE HELP!

bridgestone1234

The AKL engine does have the following measuring blocks...

000-022, 057, 098, 099

...not sure where you see a problem with this, but this is absolutely normal since this engine was introduced before VAG standardized the measuring block layout.

and when did VW AG standardized the measuring blocks?
so if I open measuring blocks in some other car (like brothers's a4 1.9tdi 2004) the measuring blocks will be standardized like on ross tech's site description?

only one think bothers me. On ross tech site there are many data, like radiator outlet temp, thermostat position, exhaust temperature, oil temp,... and many more.

ok I can believe that my engine does not have oil temp sensor and others values, but it sure has thermostat position, radiator outlet temp, cooling fan speed, exhaust temp - this value should be from O2 sensor as ecu mast know when to preheat it.

and how is with description above boxes? Is this dependent of engince controller or pc program? I read something about labels, that vag com gets info from label files and that older versions (311) have less files.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theresias

and when did VW AG standardized the measuring blocks?

There is no exact date, but in generall all gasoline engines which came after 1999 should use the standadized table like this...

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/

so if I open measuring blocks in some other car (like brothers's a4 1.9tdi 2004) the measuring blocks will be standardized like on ross tech's site description?

In general yes, but since your brothers car is a diesel the gasoline engine date obviously wont't fit - however, diesel measuring value blocks are also partly standardized and current versions of VAG-COM should also give you quite clear explanations on these.

only one think bothers me. On ross tech site there are many data, like radiator outlet temp, thermostat position, exhaust temperature, oil temp,... and many more.

ok I can believe that my engine does not have oil temp sensor and others values, but it sure has thermostat position, radiator outlet temp, cooling fan speed, exhaust temp - this value should be from O2 sensor as ecu mast know when to preheat it.

The AKL engines does neither know the oil temperature nor thermostat position, cooling fan speed and exhaust temp. This is not depending on the diagnostic tool, but it does depend on the engine control module itself which simply does not have the relevant sensors for this. I suggest you double check with a wiring diagram which sensors the engine actually has, it's definitly less than what you listed.

and how is with description above boxes? Is this dependent of engince controller or pc program? I read something about labels, that vag com gets info from label files and that older versions (311) have less files.

Correct, this depends on VAG-COM itself. A current version of VAG-COM (which is 704 at the moment) does have a full documentation for the AKL engine. You did not state which version you are using but it seems to be an older one like 311 or 409 - these don't have the necessary files/capabilities to display the data like current versions.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/label-files/06A-906-019-AEH.lbl

bridgestone1234

so can you instruct me how to make the label file to be recognised when I run vag com?

I only found "template" file in folder "labels" where are some instructions, but I didn't manage to make it work!

bridgestone1234

I copied the file that Sebastian send me into folder labels, and after I renamed it (I changed last three letters "AEH" into "BR" as I found in vag com as a controller VAG number) it now works.

So if I copy all the existing label files into my labels folder, will then vag com automaticaly opened the correct lbl file, when checking some other non-standardized engine, or I'll have to rename it like with my example?

Last edited by a moderator:

Theresias

Version 409 does support some of the label files, but a lot of related functions and bugfixes were introduced in later versions. So after copying these files into your VAG-COM folder may result in some of these functions/files working but not all. If you want the full functionality you should update to a current version of VAG-COM.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.