Problems Refitting Ko3s mk3 Ibiza

19djb87

Sep 15, 2016
Phew, well iv got sore hands and a fierce temper boiled up!! :censored:

Anybody able to give me any advice on attaching the coolant return line back onto the block from turbo? Been doing a "refit" after buying my mk3 which turned out to have many problems. Have all bits to hand now and began refitting everything. And started with turbo....naturally.

So iv managed to get turbo (ko3s) into place with all lines connected, however i cannot for the life of me get that coolant line back to engine to catch at all!! Bolt is fine (believe its called a banjo bolt) and i have just ordered new washers after something i just read. Is it just a persevere kinda number, or is there trick or am i missing something. A pal and I tried in vain to get it to bite but just couldnt get it there!! it sits right on top of a heat shield which i believe is ontop of an engine mount.

Any advice/tips greatly appreciated :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
has to be dead square tot he thread to start. Check bolt will go in smoothly, often corrosion makes them stiff

19djb87

Sep 15, 2016
has to be dead square tot he thread to start. Check bolt will go in smoothly, often corrosion makes them stiff

Thanks mate, having another crack at it once I get home, been working away for the week. Will let you know how I get on :).... Have obtained a small pry bar for a bit of gentle leverage as iv found once it's in place it seems very difficult to actually get it into place, that has been the biggest problem, tried doing it without the 3 manifold bolts first, with them in place etc but never managed. Think the plan now is get the hose in with some gentle persuasion, affix the 3 bolts to turbo, hopefully all goes well :)

19djb87

Sep 15, 2016
Thanks mate, having another crack at it once I get home, been working away for the week. Will let you know how I get on :).... Have obtained a small pry bar for a bit of gentle leverage as iv found once it's in place it seems very difficult to actually get it into place, that has been the biggest problem, tried doing it without the 3 manifold bolts first, with them in place etc but never managed. Think the plan now is get the hose in with some gentle persuasion, affix the 3 bolts to turbo, hopefully all goes well :)

Jesus man that was an awful ballache! But got it there in the end, ended up supporting the engine and undoing the mount and bracket from back, took 20 mins in total after that was out the way. Right about if having to be bang on thread, just found it very difficult to achieve that with the mount there lol. Hopefully thats the ball rolling now :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.