Problems selling an LCR

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
They all seem to be fake R's. Diesels with LCR wheels and "Cupra R-line" in the description when there was never any such thing.

I think turbos that only last that long must have been driven flat out on every drive, and abused.
23 cupra r in my area "Peterborough" ATM. Yes there are some 180 cupra r going about on there but I count 23 from 1.9k-4.9k.
Lifespan is 100k at best for ko3/4 I believe I read from Vag somewhere. Anymore and you're lucky.

To break it...yes there is value there, it's just if you want to drag it out and have parts everywhere and also WOULD YOU HAVE THE HEART TO DO IT? I doubt it and I don't blame you.
If you get stuck and want rid I'll come get it and take real good care of it. Can visit it at weekends and stuff

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Suschef

Apr 24, 2017
It's a handy group for buying bits and pieces

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mungo

Dec 15, 2002
Southampton
Visit site
being a 2002 car, I assume it was the 210bhp car before the Revo map?

Does it happen to have the Recaro interior (Front and Rears), or the double din headunit?

Yes, a 210bhp pre-Revo remap. As soon as the warranty ran out I remapped it. Best thing I ever did to it. Total transformation AND more economical in normal driving. Both the AMK (210) and the BAM (225) remap to the same as the only difference was a different map, all the h/w was the same.

I opted for no options as they were disproportionately expensive - sat nav was about £2k and recaros about £1700 from recollection. The demo I drove had the normal seats and I decided they were good enough.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
23 cupra r in my area "Peterborough" ATM. Yes there are some 180 cupra r going about on there but I count 23 from 1.9k-4.9k.
Lifespan is 100k at best for ko3/4 I believe I read from Vag somewhere. Anymore and you're lucky.

To break it...yes there is value there, it's just if you want to drag it out and have parts everywhere and also WOULD YOU HAVE THE HEART TO DO IT? I doubt it and I don't blame you.
If you get stuck and want rid I'll come get it and take real good care of it. Can visit it at weekends and stuff

Should be able to get 200k out of the turbo, easy

Suschef

Apr 24, 2017
That may be the case but who wants to buy a car knowing it'll likely need a really expensive turbo in the next 20k miles

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I brought my car with (96k) on the clock...when I brought it I expect 20k out of it with no fuss from the block, sensors and other things yes but not the block/head. Done 7k already and she's holding up. 175k I'd expect 2k out of it before I send a rod into space lol.
Yes I drive like a .... (I'll let you fill that bit in)

Suschef

Apr 24, 2017
I brought my car with (96k) on the clock...when I brought it I expect 20k out of it with no fuss from the block, sensors and other things yes but not the block/head. Done 7k already and she's holding up. 175k I'd expect 2k out of it before I send a rod into space lol.
Yes I drive like a .... (I'll let you fill that bit in)

This is what I mean, at this mileage it's inevitable that something expensive will fail.... Sooner rather than later

mungo

Dec 15, 2002
Southampton
Visit site
Sounds like the for sale section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No not really. I am discussing the specific value of a car that members on here once cherished but because of the age of Mk 1 Leons, this section seems to now be populated by people who drive cheap fast sheds for a year until the MOT runs out for a few hundred quid.

Not that there's anything wrong with that but the LCR is a bit more special. Problem is the people who probably still cherish them are most likely all on the Mk3 Cupra forum now as those were the people that bought the LCR back in the same day.

This is mostly about the fact that such a fantastic car that should be cherished is now placed in the same category as a cheap shed.

I might keep it and garage it for the day when people seek these out as classics.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
this section seems to now be populated by people who drive cheap fast sheds for a year until the MOT runs out for a few hundred quid.

That pointed at me because I'm finding it hard not to take that as an insult

I populate this section a lot and don't find anyone like that. Most have spent some good money on there car.

My shed runs out of MOT on the 10th of next month, what do you think is going to happen to it?

Suschef

Apr 24, 2017
I paid 1400 for mine and have just put 1200 quids worth of consumables on it and fixed all niggles, next is front end respray

Suschef

Apr 24, 2017
My 15 year old immaculate bar some stone chipping shed!
4289ebde2c57027bc560206e38f4d142.jpg
e96ff1621215c7bcd1757f81a1f6ba91.jpg
e9653ed106e89b60ca89d014dd7a63a9.jpg

mungo

Dec 15, 2002
Southampton
Visit site
That pointed at me because I'm finding it hard not to take that as an insult

I populate this section a lot and don't find anyone like that. Most have spent some good money on there car.

My shed runs out of MOT on the 10th of next month, what do you think is going to happen to it?

Sorry Andrew, not meant as an insult. I can see that you cherish the car you have rather than see it as an MOT for a year.

So difficult to put things the right way in the written word.

The impression I get from other posts on this thread, especially when compared against people's views on here when I posted in 2002, is that the LCR has gone from something viewed as quite special to just another cheap 2nd hand car.

I am quite sure that there must be people out there that view is as a special car but from what I have seen here, noone on the Mk1 forum wants to spend more than £1k on a car regardless of what it is.