Problems with my Boc after only 6 days (Air bag)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Well I can join the ranks of people with problems with their mk5. Got in the car this morning and presumably due to the cold, something has gone wrong. The air bag light stays on, on my dash. This is ether an air bag (funnily enough) or seat belt tensioner fault.

I also have a permanent scuff on my windscreen right in my line of site. I’ve tried to polish it out and also used the intensive tar/sticky residue remover which have made no difference.

Another point I’m not too happy with is how easily you can get stone chips on the front bumper and WHY oh WHY have they used a BLACK undercoat on a white car? Its not too bad but to be visible after only a week I’d hate to think what it’ll be like after a year? I’m seriously considering getting some of the hard vinyl to protect the front.

Shame really otherwise great (but thirsty when you boot it car).

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
What is that special thing they do on the front of the car to prevent that from happening and how much does it cost? I may need to get mine done before taking delivery then perhaps.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The front bumper is sprayed the gloss back first, then masked up and the white/red painted after.

I've picked up a few chips, but tbh it never goes through the black so pretty easy to touch in with a touch up stick.

mark bowie

I would be careful of putting armor fend or venture shield on a white car as it will go yellow in a short while i work in a porsche bodyshop and it looks a bit crap on white and silver cars hope this helps

Bocawata

Dec 26, 2009
Cumbria
Hi Ed, If you go to the Thread on the next page "Chipped Paint " you will see a company that does Touch up Paint for our Dakota Red Boca,s. I,ve been in touch with them and received my paint back in 2 days in a small plastic bottle,I won,t used the brush provided,it,s to big, but I,ve purchased some fine one,s in a "Artist Brush Kit" from Lidl for £1.64p, some of these brushes are also ideal for painting the brake callipers!!!.
Bocawata.:funk:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Car went in today. Pick it up this afternoon and was told the problem was fixed. Drove it down the road and the light came back on... bummer. Ah well at least I got a free car wash. Goes back in next week..

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
I got a price for the ventureshield from my local guy & just the front bumper is £400 plus the vat!

Think i'll be getting a candy touch up pen & save the cash...

Mardon hope they get to the bottom of your problem soon

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members