Problems with new radio

bigpig131

Jan 13, 2019
Hi guys, I've recently installed a new single din in my 2000 Ibiza where the stock tape player was, I have gotten it and the LCD screen to both work, however the air conditioning controls etc no longer work and the radio itself resets every time the car turns off. I've done hours of searching on this forum so please don't just advise me to "use the search function" as I have done that to no avail :( I found one pdf on the website, titled "mk3huchange.pdf" but it's no longer available and I really don't want to have to return to stock radio. If anyone has done this conversion themselves and could advise me on what needs soldered/wired into what I would be greatly appreciative! Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my One Pro using Tapatalk

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Battery live and ignition live will be the wrong way round, hence the radio reset.

Not sure on the A/C, maybe knocked a bad connection somewhere or maybe the new stereo is pushing on some wires causing a problem.

To find the battery and ignition live just use a bulb and wire if no multimeter. Basically take what you think is battery live and touch it to the bulb then earth the other bulb connection and if its live the bulb will light up.

Been a while since I did the mod, i had a 2000 plate cordoba, looked like a mk3 ibiza estate

Reactions: bigpig131

bigpig131

Jan 13, 2019
Battery live and ignition live will be the wrong way round, hence the radio reset.

Not sure on the A/C, maybe knocked a bad connection somewhere or maybe the new stereo is pushing on some wires causing a problem.

To find the battery and ignition live just use a bulb and wire if no multimeter. Basically take what you think is battery live and touch it to the bulb then earth the other bulb connection and if its live the bulb will light up.

Been a while since I did the mod, i had a 2000 plate cordoba, looked like a mk3 ibiza estate
No worries mate much appreciated, will have a look at all the wires etc today thanks mate!

Sent from my One Pro using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.