problems with power

Ave

wondering if anybody can help with my current problem. i have a 06 Ibiza 1.4 Sport. the car is running a fine apart from an incredibly annoying, intermittent problem with loss of power / juddering at low revs (below 3 thousand). it's almost as if the car wants to stall all the time, sometimes it goes fine, othertimes it's awful. juddering about like crazy as if it's gonna stall. as soon as it gets over 3thousand revs its fine. change gear .. and it judders again.

my mechanic has connected it up to engine management and ecu and nothing is showing, no light on the dashboard either. he thinks it could be the coil packs but can't guarantee it. i don't want to get it all done and still have the problem afterwards and i need to get the problem fixed as i want to sell the car very sooon.

hopefully someone can shed a bit more light.

Cheers Ave

andy fr180

youbeen smoked ;]
Apr 21, 2010
anglesey
wondering if anybody can help with my current problem. i have a 06 Ibiza 1.4 Sport. the car is running a fine apart from an incredibly annoying, intermittent problem with loss of power / juddering at low revs (below 3 thousand). it's almost as if the car wants to stall all the time, sometimes it goes fine, othertimes it's awful. juddering about like crazy as if it's gonna stall. as soon as it gets over 3thousand revs its fine. change gear .. and it judders again.

my mechanic has connected it up to engine management and ecu and nothing is showing, no light on the dashboard either. he thinks it could be the coil packs but can't guarantee it. i don't want to get it all done and still have the problem afterwards and i need to get the problem fixed as i want to sell the car very sooon.

hopefully someone can shed a bit more light.

Cheers Ave

lambda sensor on the exhaust prob mate

Ave

nah the lambda sensor went last year, and yeah the problem i had this time was similar ... but it's fixed now, told the mechanic to clean the spark plugs, and took a gamble on replacing coil pack 1 (most used and most common to go) and it's running like a dream now :) cheers anyway

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.