Problems!!

kezefc

Hi all, I have recently purchased a new Altea Stylance. The day I purchased the car I noticed condensation in my headlights, does anybody know if this is a common faults with seat cars, or is it a fault at all?! Also about a week after I purchased the car I started to hear a creaking/knocking noise from the back end of the car. The noise sounds like it is coming from the suspension but I'm not certain. Has anybody else encountered this type of fault? Hope somebody can put my mind at rest!! Cheers, Kez. :(

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
steamed up light is very common on mk4 ibizas it doesnt suprise me that alteas ones do to.
exactly, but counting the complaints in our forum, the Ibizas do come first, whilst the Altea board has only few of them probs mentioned.

As my family drives both cars, we were facing the problem with our Ibiza 6L my05 as well ... and even had it "fixed" twice (there's a repair-kit ordered and fitted by the dealers where they have to renew the adhesive).

For visualization, that's how our Ibi sometimes (esp. when humid or wet weather) looks like
attachment.php

attachment.php

Surprisingly, it's only the right frontlight ... the left one's perfectly clear.

But fortunately no such problem with my ALTEA ...

cheers ... Klaus

kezefc

Thanks very much for all your replies. Taking the car back to the dealers on monday about the condensation and the knocking/creaking noise. I feel like giving the car back but maybe that's being a bit harsh! I'll let you all know how I get on. Cheers, Kez.

Gilrick

Nov 26, 2003
East Yorkshire
Visit site
Hi all, I have recently purchased a new Altea Stylance. The day I purchased the car I noticed condensation in my headlights, does anybody know if this is a common faults with seat cars, or is it a fault at all?! Also about a week after I purchased the car I started to hear a creaking/knocking noise from the back end of the car. The noise sounds like it is coming from the suspension but I'm not certain. Has anybody else encountered this type of fault? Hope somebody can put my mind at rest!! Cheers, Kez. :(

I had the creaking from the back of the car, then i noticed one of the doors was not shuting tight to the other panels. Took it to the dealers own bodyshop and 2 minutes later no more creaks and door shuting tight. Engineer bloke told me that the door catches (the metal loop thing that the lock grabs) seem to work loose a lot on alteas. Once this one door was tightened the whole car felt far stiffer, Just proves how much the doors are part of the whole cars strength and rigidity.

PlatCupraR

Ex Plat cupra R owner
Mar 23, 2006
South East England
Headlights also the same on the new Leon, I took the plastic covers off the back of the lights and then leave the headlights + full beam on until the headlight clears up then replace the covers should sort it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.