Progress made on Project Barry

Cleaning the car, and for the first time the engine bay:

DSC00130.jpg

Jacked it up... AND HOLY **** that IS NOT supposed to fall off!!! wtf, i could have died!!

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

It just fell off!!! I dont believe it! I will be naming and shaming on a local forum.

OZ Seat Sport Super T's in black fitted:

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

The term "bitching" comes to mind...

DSC00135.jpg

I tighted that one too much...

DSC00136.jpg

So going to have to take that hub off and get it out.... :(

On the road in kendal:

DSC00137.jpg

Mates new puppy, its sooo small!!

DSC00138.jpg

Then we ripped off the spoiler. We giggled and laughed as we put it on other cars:

DSC00140.jpg

Chopy chopy the glue off!!

DSC00143.jpg

It looks so naked!!

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

Then we decided to go further... and im not sure if we went too far...

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

Now we went to fit the standard cupra spoiler but we didnt have the right size nuts. Also, we have a problem because we thought it would cover the mess of removing the old one, but nope, it doesnt.

WOOT?

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
man u post some weird threads ...and this prob tops the random list, hehe. tis some cool pics, looks like u (or someone) has spent a few bucks on ur car. just out of interest how come ur changing bits back to standard?

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
i saw a mk1 golf with no bumpers and smoothed and it looked real nice, if u dont have a back bumper uu shouldnt use it as a daily driver mate.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Keep going mate! Keep riping that rubbish off and replacing with standard and it`ll soon be looking somthing like this :D

Cupra.jpg

My old valver by the way ;) Mine too also had one of those awful 'devil' spoliers on when i got her lasted an evening until it came off (it was dark)

David.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members