Progress

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
Today i fitted my Weitec springs and shocks 40mm all round and stiffend up abit, plus fitted the splitter a couple of weeks ago, now it needs a clean and ill pop up a pick or 2, O and some GB Number plates which make the car look alot cleaner and smarter!

P.S thanks to Awsome Gti for an excellent service for all your suspension needs :D

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
maybe when its tracked, we dont have alignment equipment for anything other than BMWs at work, so i need it booked in, at the moment it looks like it sound be racing round an oval, it pulls to the left.. and when i got some 195 proxys on it 2, cant be doing with 185 aroua's... nice

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
nah this is definatly because of my tinkering, i tried to line it up by eye, in the end i just gave up, you can actually see the difference in angles by sight lol :D, at least i did the job quickly and smoothly, like my mk2 golf.. piece of piss to work on

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
well i had a 90psi worth of compressed air, my snap on airgun and sockets including a deep 22mm.. was a piece of piss dont know what people have problems with :D oo and a nice hydraulic ramp inside a heated work shop with a tea machine, get in.

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
well i had a 90psi worth of compressed air, my snap on airgun and sockets including a deep 22mm.. was a piece of piss dont know what people have problems with :D oo and a nice hydraulic ramp inside a heated work shop with a tea machine, get in.

*******;)
Still think ** missing half the experience not been in the baltic cold, skinninn your knuckles got knows how many times:whistle:

f1nn

Aug 20, 2006
I've just replaced the suspension on mine, and after reading about problems getting the top mount nut undone, I filled the top mount cup up with WD40 a week before.

when the time came, a quick tweak with a 22mm swan neck and a torx bit and they were off, no problems at all!

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
lowered.jpg

Well you can hardly tell its lower but it is 40mm.. i can tell. its subtle and i like that.. but damn its 300 times stiffer and thats just what i was after. :) £17 splitter helps the looks, and now i just need to save some money and get some side skirts.

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
was around that before VAT and delievery and all that.. £303 all in delieverd to my door via awsome gti... and its a very good set of springs and dampers i will definatly reccomend them. For the money youd be hard pushed to find better.