Project Bi-xenon retro fit *Now with installed pics*

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Cheers!
I am amazed at the output. Much more widespread than before.

Here's one on main beam:-
FXRprojectors001.jpg

And here's a head on shot of the colour flicker at the top of the cut off:-
FXRprojectors003.jpg

Timmy89

Leon 1.9 Tdi
Jul 6, 2010
Belgium
Hi,
nice mod !:clap::thumbup:
thinking about it to do it myself.
did you have now an auto headlight leveling or a manual?
how long time did you spend on the mod ?
how did you remove the glass from the headlight ?

cheers

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Still have manual levelling at the moment, but looking into auto leveling.
Spent about 3 weeks on the mod, but you could do it in a lot less. Having a spare pair of headlights meant I didn't have to rush things.
Once I did the first headlight, the second one was easy.

The glass is held in by sealant around a channel on the housing. I heated up the whole headlight to soften the sealant/plastic & then prised the glass out with a couple of screwdrivers.
It's difficult at first, but once you get going it becomes easier.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
be intresting to see what these turn out like... i've got a feeling its going to be a waste of cash for you.

If you dont get that projector mounted soild then they lights are going to be flickering up and down like mad... hell, even the stock reflectors move..never mind a bodge up job :lol:

Humble pie and a dollop of cream on it's way methinks :yes:

CUPRA LAD

New member here does anyone know off any k1 kit suppliers in kent any help welcome and how much this would cost for a 2010 model sprayed red i am also looking at putting a MULTECH exhaust system on and lowering the suspension please any help off costings and suppliers

thks

CUPRA LAD

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
New member here does anyone know off any k1 kit suppliers in kent any help welcome and how much this would cost for a 2010 model sprayed red i am also looking at putting a MULTECH exhaust system on and lowering the suspension please any help off costings and suppliers

thks

CUPRA LAD

You might have more luck if you start a new thread instead of adding to this one which is about headlights

Timmy89

Leon 1.9 Tdi
Jul 6, 2010
Belgium
Still have manual levelling at the moment, but looking into auto leveling.
Spent about 3 weeks on the mod, but you could do it in a lot less. Having a spare pair of headlights meant I didn't have to rush things.
Once I did the first headlight, the second one was easy.

The glass is held in by sealant around a channel on the housing. I heated up the whole headlight to soften the sealant/plastic & then prised the glass out with a couple of screwdrivers.
It's difficult at first, but once you get going it becomes easier.

thx!!
the projectors can you mount them directly or do you need to make some kind of plate for mounting ?
Kind regards

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
The projectors are mounted inside the original reflectors. They have 4 mounting holes, so I drilled the reflector to suit & used M4 nuts & bolts.
I also put a bit of Araldite on each nut so they stay tight.

olliebloory

hey

can we have a picture of the mounting and which shrouds wrked best?

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Here are a couple of photo's I took whilst I was building up the headlamps:-

Hole cut out of the original reflector for the projector. The slot at the bottom is to clear the shutter solenoid.
FXRprojectors008.jpg

Projector mounted in the reflector.
FXRprojectors012.jpg

I found that there isn't much clearance between the projector & headlamp lens. So you need a shroud that has minimal depth to clear the lens. The Ocular shroud that I used was the best (very similar in design to the Ford S-MAX xenon lights).

olliebloory

wicked

great pictures thanks.....do u have to use the oem reflector?can u not just bolt the projector straight on?

olliebloory

conversion kits

hi there chaps here is my problem

i have bought some retrofit fxrs for my 2010 seat leon,i haver some bosch 10000k hid and have gone to fit them and have warning light everywhere.lol. i bought some hids 4u capacitors and that dident wrk........however i dnt think these are digital ballasts does that help?wot conversion kit can i buy lads..??

cheers ollie

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise