Project Bi-xenon retro fit *Now with installed pics*

Stig555

Mar 27, 2012
I think that my cecm might be a midline cecm. Is it possible to get the halogen bulb to work as the high beam at all times on the bi xenon headlights?

Also, if I were to retrofit a high line cecm, how is it done? Has anyone sucessfully done this?

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
Any idea how to code this in vagcom? To get a setup like yours?

I followed this guide [you need to be logged in to see it]. Actually this is just the 2nd part of the guide but it's the one you'll need for coding. Anyway, there's also a link to the 1st part on the top of the page.

As you can see, there's a part also for the 2010 and onwards ECUs.

You basically just tell the ecu you've got Xenons WITHOUT the shutters and you're done. High beam will always be halogen.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know the part numbers of any CECM that works well with a facelift Leon.

Mine is 5K0 937 086 M and is missing the two xenon shutter pins.

Will any 5K0 937 087 CECM work? I've noticed most have additional letters after the part no.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know the part numbers of any CECM that works well with a facelift Leon.

Will any 5K0 937 087 CECM work? I've noticed most have additional letters after the part no.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Got a PDF which might help you....drop me a PM with your email and I'll send it over. Look at the second half of the document and it might assist.

Cheers

rob

billman

Dec 20, 2009
I think that my cecm might be a midline cecm. Is it possible to get the halogen bulb to work as the high beam at all times on the bi xenon headlights?

Also, if I were to retrofit a high line cecm, how is it done? Has anyone sucessfully done this?

Hello. I don't understand what you mean exactly. Halogen bulb to work as high beam on which headlights? Yours retrofitted? If so it is possible yes. Anyhow I have placed a high line cecm to my leon 1.8 tsi f/l with success. You just save your coding from the old cecm and copy it to the new high line using vag-com. I took pictures of all the tabs though on the old cecm just to be sure nothing goes wrong.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

The additional letters have to do with the revision of the cecm. I took a 087 G if I remember correctly. If needed it can be upgraded from VW dealers for sure, don't know if the Stealers can do it. Something around 130-150 euros from ebay.de.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.