Pros and Cons for remapping 1.4 tsi Ibiza Cupra?

Gary Jordan Surtees

Oct 22, 2018
Hi guys new to this, could anyone tell me whether i should get my 2011 Ibiza Cupra remapped been told i should and I've been told i shouldn't being a 1.4 would strain the engine, would appreciate the help?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi, is this your engine?
https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/seat/ibiza-mk5-2009-/95/stage-1

I think as long as you go for a reputable company to map it, you should be fine. Pros, more power, faster acceleration, bigger smile on face. Cons, costs money. LOL.

Any reputable mapper will only push the engine safely. And it's not like your going to be using the extra 30ish bhp all of the time unless your redlining it through every gear off every traffic light. So think of it as, the engine will be running exactly the same as it is now. Except that when the pedal goes all the way to the floor, it can go 30bhp faster.

Reactions: walshy

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Hi guys new to this, could anyone tell me whether i should get my 2011 Ibiza Cupra remapped been told i should and I've been told i shouldn't being a 1.4 would strain the engine, would appreciate the help?

Just be wary as the engine in mine seemed to be made of cheese.

It had a taste of tuning and the Supercharger clutch and drive belt failed the same day, probably unrelated but still

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.