Puddle Lights

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
To answer your question, I am sure no MK3 Leon's have puddle lights, not even as an option, whereas Golfs and probably Audis do.
Thanks...I suspect you’re right.

To be honest it doesn’t bother me as where I park is generally well lit but I was just surprised they weren’t standard these days...at least on the higher spec models or ones with convenience packs and light packs etc.

One less bulb to replace anyway haha.

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
My FR only has one bulb, the reversing light, everything else is LED and should outlive the car.
Yes the replacement of bulbs was said in jest to be fair, however...my worry is exactly what you said... they ‘should’ outlive the car...are they covered under warranty after year 3 if not though...? (Pretty sure I already know the answer to that).

How much is a halogen or even xenon bulb compared to a new headlight unit if they fail...and based on my ‘long life’ led bulbs at home there’s a fair chance at least one will fail after a year rather then the expected 20 years haha. I’ve seen several sub 2 year old cars (admittedly other marques...not SEAT - to date) with head and taillights out on led units.

One of the main reasons I wanted xenon as I can live with £80 for a new bulb (not had to replace one in 8 yrs of owning xenon equipped cars) but not being available on the Leon for 2018/2019 I managed to negotiate in an extra year warranty in the sale so hopefully I’ll be covered for a (probably) £600(ish) new headlight/taillight if one ever fails whilst I own the vehicle.

As for driving in France and carrying a spare set of bulbs...either I only need a single clear bulb for reverse light or I need to get my hand in my pocket for a spare headlight, tail light, etc along with some spanners and an engineering course in how to remove one haha - at least I can keep them in the useful compartment under the boot floor :roflmao:

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
You can source a replacement for headlight for £250 'preowned', not something I'd like to have to pay for but the only mass faults I've heard of on the Leon lights are fogging/dust in the headlights and cracking of the rears all on pre-facelift, nothing that would fail an MOT.

LED is new tech in cars, so lessons being learned and things still improving but the benefits over halogen are huge - not so much for HID yet but it's getting there.

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
You can source a replacement for headlight for £250 'preowned', not something I'd like to have to pay for but the only mass faults I've heard of on the Leon lights are fogging/dust in the headlights and cracking of the rears all on pre-facelift, nothing that would fail an MOT.

LED is new tech in cars, so lessons being learned and things still improving but the benefits over halogen are huge - not so much for HID yet but it's getting there.
Agree with that about xenon and led...after my first xenon I said I could not go back to halogen and the big one that out me off the Astra.

I still think the AFL’s on the insignia were superior to the led’s but not by as much as I thought they would be...so far I’ve been very impressed with them...be interesting in the rain and snow but so far I have to admit I’m almost converted haha

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Agree with that about xenon and led...after my first xenon I said I could not go back to halogen and the big one that out me off the Astra.

I still think the AFL’s on the insignia were superior to the led’s but not by as much as I thought they would be...so far I’ve been very impressed with them...be interesting in the rain and snow but so far I have to admit I’m almost converted haha
The facelift Mk2 Xenons with cornering function where better than the LEDs facelift or otherwise.

I also don’t think the facelift lights are any better than my previous facelift.

But I disagree with @Mr Pig The virtual cockpit and the 8” Nav screen are worth the upgrade alone...

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
The facelift Mk2 Xenons with cornering function where better than the LEDs facelift or otherwise.

I also don’t think the facelift lights are any better than my previous facelift.

But I disagree with @Mr Pig The virtual cockpit and the 8” Nav screen are worth the upgrade alone...

Digital dash is what sold me to be honest...amongst a couple other bits but the dash is lovely.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.