Push Rod/ clutch cable self adjuster

Linkian

neva want the ride to end
Sep 11, 2007
Portsmouth
Ha ha ha according to the guy in GSF they dont sell push rods even though its on the website, anyway my question is do they wear and is there a ideal lenght to them,
after taking the gear box of and checking the clutch and plates bearings and all sorts they look fine for a 12 year old car.

Could there also be a problem with the clutch cable self adjuster?

wolfski ....... out

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Whats the symptoms? I'm currently going round for round with my self adjusting clutch cable. Once its reset the clutch is lovely and light, but then the b4stard re adjusts itself and it goes heavy. I'm currently looking into 1.6 manual adjusting cables as i'm told they fit and should be a lot smoother.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
once adjusted it's taking up any slack so will be heavier :) mind you could be heavy in operation

Linkian

neva want the ride to end
Sep 11, 2007
Portsmouth
Might be worth PM'ing Dave (DPJ) as he had quite alot of trouble with his cluch on his mk2.

Whose is this dave.

my journey:

i have fitted a new clutch, dont understand why it had two locating pin holes. anyway turns out you know the clutch arm thing that goes into the gearbox right underneath the lil green cap. there is this little tappet type arm that hits the bearing that hits the push rod well thats cracked and slipped.

very tired and achin wolfski out.. huff...

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
If the self adjusting clutch cables for the mk2 ibiza are anything like the ones for the mk2 golf then, you should get rid of it asap.
I replaced the clutch cable on my golf and the new one was a self adjusting one and after one night I got completely fed up with it as sometimes the self tensioning spring would compress before pulling the clutch in and the pedal would go to the floor.

Got a manual adjusting cable for it and have been happy ever since. Might be worth seeing if any of the mk2 golf cables fit the mk2 ibiza.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Whose is this dave.

my journey:

i have fitted a new clutch, dont understand why it had two locating pin holes. anyway turns out you know the clutch arm thing that goes into the gearbox right underneath the lil green cap. there is this little tappet type arm that hits the bearing that hits the push rod well thats cracked and slipped.

very tired and achin wolfski out.. huff...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=201168

that might help

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise