Push to Start Engine Button

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Was just wondering if anyone has added one to their car, and if there was any such tutorials on how to fit one about? Think it would be quite a nice mod to fit to the car :p

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Where would you put it if you did fit one?

Down by the handbrake, where on my car there is a black square (Would be aux input slot i believe) or mount it into the cigarette lighter socket?

Just buy a ready made kit and follow the instructions.

I have been contemplating this, and had seen the kits, i guess as its Vw, it will work with the Seat, was just wondering if anyone had actually fitted one and had experience of fitting one to their car. How similar will the fitting instructions be do you think?

Jack

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
There used to be a kit on Ebay which used a good quality red round button from the honda s2000 ??? think thats right (you know the 2 seater drop head). Anyway that one looked nice but would you really use it after a while :shrug:

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
There used to be a kit on Ebay which used a good quality red round button from the honda s2000 ??? think thats right (you know the 2 seater drop head). Anyway that one looked nice but would you really use it after a while :shrug:

Yes the S2000 does have the push button, was going to get a kit, and buy the OEM button separately as at least that way i know it is of good quality.

And most likely not, but it would be a cool feature to have :p problem is, won't make the roar of a supercar after you start it!

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Its kinda like having a dog and barking yourself.

The push button is a fun novelty idea but i'd say after a week you'd just as sooner keep turning and start ur engine than turn and then press a button, unless you can find some tricky way of sorting the imobilisor and the electrics.

just my 2 pence.

H

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Its kinda like having a dog and barking yourself.

The push button is a fun novelty idea but i'd say after a week you'd just as sooner keep turning and start ur engine than turn and then press a button, unless you can find some tricky way of sorting the imobilisor and the electrics.

just my 2 pence.

H

Put like that, i guess it makes sense really... would be a sweet feature when your mates get in your car, and for 30£, it's not a huge amount, although it could i guess be spent a lot better else where!

Jack