Putting my car on blocks

simers_as

Hi guys

two quetsions for you.

1 - do you think i should get my oz alloys on my cupra R powered coated anthracite as they are starting to show a bit of lacqure coming off and think that this colour would suit them.

2 - if i was to take all my alloys off, where would be the best place under the car to keep her jacked up on blocks of wood? pics would be great.

thanks Ash

simers_as

she is onvi yellow.

i already have some axle stands, is it just the case of jacking up each side and placing one under the axel on each side, just a bit scared of it just sitting there resting on just little stands for a week

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
simers_as said:
she is onvi yellow.

i already have some axle stands, is it just the case of jacking up each side and placing one under the axel on each side, just a bit scared of it just sitting there resting on just little stands for a week

it will be ok on the stands for a week mate

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
Here is mine on Black OZ's.

mint7.jpg

mint4.jpg

simers_as

that looks quite good! im wantin mine a gun metal grey colour. am having to save up but will get them done soon.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
andyj said:
m0rk's Cordy's been sat on axle stands on his drive for about 6months ;)

not quite....

but it's all up in the air at the moment (and will be until it's in little bits) but I jacked the front up, then did the rears.

at least with the ibiza you can lift it in the middle of the rear beam

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
m0rk said:
at least with the ibiza you can lift it in the middle of the rear beam

Serious!! - why is it OK with the Ibiza?

I'am also unclear as to where the correct points to position axle stands are! without damaging the floor panels.

Last edited:

simers_as

im doing it in my garage which has a concrete floor, found that my jack sinks into my drive when i jack her up.

Is any one able to take a pic of where to put the axle stands for the front and rear as i dont want to damage anything.

cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members