Putting the intresting stuff in FAQ section

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Just wondered, as this mk3 section is getting more popular as more people get mk3 Leons
Is there anyway of putting some of the interesting stuff in the faqs or as stickys or some other way

Things like the link to the site for updating the satnav, how to add radio icons, things that can be added to the mk3 by vcds, how to play video etc

The last one I looked for ages yesterday and its hidden in a sd card size thread

Think it would be good if this sort of stuff, some of which gets asked about often and will more so as this section grows. Could maybe put in such a way that its easy to find
Like the useful manuals pdfs are in the faqs

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I don't have a lot of free time to go through the forum, but if you highlight the threads you'd like to see moved into the FAQ in this thread.

I can take a look as and when I get the time, and move them in to the FAQ.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Ok, thanks Mark, I'll do that when I have a min, thought I'd better ask, as lots of the links/useful info were posted by others so didn't want to be seen to be taking credit for their research

Maybe others could chime in with stuff or links they would like to see condensed into one place for future easy reference :)

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
It's not a bad idea but from my experience of moderating large forums it's not easy to do. The useful threads need an awful lot of work to clear out the less relevant posts.

The only really effective solution, in my opinion, is for one person to write an individual FAQ based on his knowledge of the subject and also based on the knowledge gleaned from other contributors on the subject.

It takes time but if done properly is of great benefit to the other members.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Am I the only one who glanced at this thread title and thought it said "Putting the interesting stuff in fags"?

Thought it was some kind of substance abuse thread.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Am I the only one who glanced at this thread title and thought it said "Putting the interesting stuff in fags"?

Thought it was some kind of substance abuse thread.

wasnt just you!

O don't say that lol, I think i may have to change the title incase there are any Americans reading

I'm on a few Porsche forums and we asked a question on a well know American forum about a cigarette/fag lighter not working

A few Americans got very upset as they through it was some sort of device for setting fire to gay people or as the Americans like to call them, fags

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
O don't say that lol, I think i may have to change the title incase there are any Americans reading

I'm on a few Porsche forums and we asked a question on a well know American forum about a cigarette/fag lighter not working

A few Americans got very upset as they through it was some sort of device for setting fire to gay people or as the Americans like to call them, fags

Yeah, there meaning differs from ours somewhat lol they probably thought you were going to set fire to a load of gay people.

Don't think you can edit the titles of threads unless it's in the RR section or you could have just entered the FAQS bit in caps to avoid any confusion ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise