[Query] Double Port Central Exhaust

JMann

Hey everyone, first post of many hopefully. :D
I have been looking at getting the Doube Port Central Exhaust kit for my Ibiza but im coming here for a little more information. Best ask the expert's! First off my car is a Ibiza 1.2 12v Reference Sport in Red, I love it to bits but im kind of fed up with it sounding like a milk float (electrical noises).

On looking at the SEAT Accessories menu, I have found that I would need the Double Port Central Exhaust (6L6072002) & the Rear Spoiler Bumper (6L6071061) but obviously the Spoiler Bumper would need spraying, any idea's on the cost for that roughly? I have e-mailed SEAT but no reply. :happy:

Also im not looking for a performance gain as such, just a better noise. Does anyone know of a video with an example of the sound or looks I have seen the Picture of the Yellow Ibiza with it fitted, I just need the sound now; but would it be worth it? I'm hoping so. ;)

Also any idea's on Insurance? I'm going with fitting the SEAT parts as im hoping as its genuine parts they might keep off on the charges or at least put them down a little. Is this correct?

Thanks for any help!
JMann

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
Probably will change the note slightly, I would have said. I think the insurance will be the same reguardless of genuine Seat or not.

Reason I say this is because I ask how much for uprated suspension, all they were bothered with was the cost, didnt ask brand/make.

Josh

JMann

Well I brought my car from SEAT Yeovil, and just haven't ever thought about Taunton. ;) I might pop in, but I will wait to see if the Yeovil garage get back to me.

Thanks Josh

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
What are Yeovil like for service? Got mine for Exeter, saleman was fine but after sales very poor.

The Taunton garage (i believe) is run by Silver Street VW.

JMann

I haven't had my Service yet, I have only had the car 6 month's but part of the deal when I brought the car was to have my first Service free so I still will be going to Yeovil for it but if I remember I will let you know.

I had a problem with the car a few weeks back where the back Washer pipe came off I sent them an e-mail, they called me up and I came in and within 5 minutes it was sorted.

If I get bad service from Yeovil after sales, when I get the Exhaust done or Service I might consider going to Taunton then. (I just enjoy the drive from Taunton to Yeovil, that's all. ;))

By the way, just a quick update on this I e-mailed my Dealership (Yeovil) and it's been forwarded onto their Parts department. ;)

J

JMann

Just phoned up the Dealer and they want £800 for the work, don't think I will be going for that soon. ;) Has anyone got any suggestions for a way to get rid of this "Electrical" noise from the engine?

Cheers. :)

Edit: My mate has shown me this, http://www.demontweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=K/N57-0550&app=Y - What would you think about fitting one of those, and does anyone know where the Airbox is off the top of your head?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
you should be able to get a K&N a LOT cheaper than that!!! shop around, also there are probably better closed induction systems around... filter will change the sound under the bonnet slightly but wont make notice gains. As for exhaust you could get the bumpers etc if you still wanted but i would go for a custom exhaust from places such as powerflow etc so you can get a sound that you want, also it will be custom fitted to your car. (probably about 280 a system) maybe upgrade to FR/ Cupra bumpers if you fancyed a change.

JMann

Too be completely honest, I love the look that the Kit can give it would even make me consider taking out the £800 from the saving's and spending it.

My only concern would be that would it sort the engine noise out, and make a quiet rumble when pushing it? Im not looking for any +HP etc just a better noise, and if it makes the looks even nicer its a bonus.

Does anyone know any video's, or other Pictures of people that have actually had it fitted, and the sound? I asked my Dealership if they had a demo of one or if they knew of one but they didn't know. :headhurt:

Scully

Mar 11, 2007
Whetstone
They want £800 to fit the exhaust and the new bumper bloody hell!!! Cheaper I think to buy FR rear bumper that looks real good and a custom exhaust, and get a panel filter or induction kit. I bought a PiperCross panel filter which sounds better and im contamplating getting the above or going for an Fr bumper and powerflow exhaust! decisions, decisions...

JMann

They want £800 to fit the exhaust and the new bumper bloody hell!!! Cheaper I think to buy FR rear bumper that looks real good and a custom exhaust, and get a panel filter or induction kit. I bought a PiperCross panel filter which sounds better and im contamplating getting the above or going for an Fr bumper and powerflow exhaust! decisions, decisions...

£800 is pretty steep it has to be said. :-o The Panel filter from PiperCross, are they the flat one's you just slot in as the replacement? Also do you know of any 1.2 12V ones or are they pointless on a 1.2 for engine noise wise?

I'm going to SEAT tomorrow to get the locking system sorted, so I might just ask them about it tomorrow.

Scully

Mar 11, 2007
Whetstone
To be honest your hardly gonna get more then 1-1/2hp from it but they do turn the noise it makes upon intake! If you want a really good sucking of air noise, get an induction kit, such As a bmc they are very good!

JMann

I'm not looking for extra Power at all, doesn't really bother me speed. ;) I just wouldn't mind a bit more noise. :D The only reason I don't want to get an Induction Kit is because I would be worried about fitting it, and having to remove it when I take it to the Garage etc.

Do you know of any Flat Panel Filters which I believe is just a case of slotting them in? Sorry, yes im clueless. :ban:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.