Question about removed/upcoming options MY19

Reece709

Aug 7, 2018
First post on this forum, but I'm looking to get the 1.0 115 Ibiza FR sometime soon. I've had a look at the upcoming MY19 changes and it seems as if it would be worth the wait, especially for the digital cockpit.

Does anyone know when these cars will be available? And does anyone know what happened to the sport body kit options that were available and the red calipers?

I've also heard that the Beats audio option is going to be removed, but this doesn't appear on the MY19 changes linked in another thread. If anyone can provide some more info that would be great.

Thanks

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Does anyone know when these cars will be available?
MY19 FR and FR Sport are already open for ordering. Current lead time is 10-12 weeks for FR and 12-14 weeks for FR Sport

And does anyone know what happened to the sport body kit options that were available and the red calipers?
The bodykit stopped being available as a factory option a few months ago, but is likely to be a dealer-fitted accessory (details have yet to be announced by SEAT though.) The red brake callipers are standard on FR.

I've also heard that the Beats audio option is going to be removed
It has been, yes.

ItsLeigh

May 20, 2018
Since placing my order I’ve not been on here as much. I’ve just seen the new changes and the new FR Sport trim?

Anyone know what the difference is between this and FR

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Anyone know what the difference is between this and FR
No, nobody.

SEAT are keeping it a secret. They think it's more exciting letting customers order cars without knowing the specification until it arrives...

(Or you could look here)

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Annoying that the camera packis not available on the FR Sport
Not in the UK (they have added Park Assist self-parking functionality with front and rear parking sensors instead) but that doesn't mean the same applies to all markets. It might be different in Portugal.

benjyyy

Jun 14, 2017
Not in the UK (they have added Park Assist self-parking functionality with front and rear parking sensors instead) but that doesn't mean the same applies to all markets. It might be different in Portugal.

I'm UK based, just on holidays in Portugal!

Good to know about the Park Assist feature at least but I thought rear sensors were an option?

EVOII

Aug 21, 2018
@Scrogg With only parking sensors on the front and back the car isn't able to park itself. It need side sensors also, like the Arone. I have checked the German seat side and see the alcantara option is available again. Also the virtual cockpit and 2 Wlan options. 1 Wlan and the other is Wlan+full link.
I dont know what single Wlan means?

Last edited:

EVOII

Aug 21, 2018
Lol, its about chrome. Translate it to Dutch or something. Strange. I take a look at it ^^. Had re-wrote it in English. I don't speak it very well I know, but I try :)

Last edited:

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
It's a damn shame you can't get adaptive cruise on the FR. I'd love an FR Sport with the 1.5 TSI and ACC! I'm coming to the end of my lease on my Fabia and so I'm contemplating an Ibiza but really want ACC. Frustratingly it's only available on the Xcellence trims. Still, an Xcellence Lux with the 115PS engine is a pretty decent option as the spec is great. Although is the interior anything like what the configurator shows?

EVOII

Aug 21, 2018
I even don't see the 1.5 tsi available for the fr sport? In the UK config tool.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
It's not on the configurator, but it is listed on the pricelist PDF.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
It's a damn shame you can't get adaptive cruise on the FR. I'd love an FR Sport with the 1.5 TSI and ACC! I'm coming to the end of my lease on my Fabia and so I'm contemplating an Ibiza but really want ACC.

I've got ACC on my 1.5 FR, I don't find it particularly useful, I've probably only used it 2 or 3 times since getting the car in March. I find it slow to respond to changes. The main benefit is that it links in with stop/start and turns the engine back on automatically when cars in front move off.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I've tried it on a Golf, and really liked it. My friend has it on his '15 Golf, and said that he wouldn't have another car without it!

KeithG

Mar 23, 2018
Reading
Tried it on the M25 the other day and was smooth as butter, I wasn’t completely paying attention and the car in front slowed and my car broke very smoothly and kept the distance. Must play with it more often as it does actually seem to work

EVOII

Aug 21, 2018
I allways use it. Brilliant. Response can be faster maybe, but it's still good for me.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.