Question about RNS head units

Mattd938

Feb 14, 2016
Huddersfield
So, my FR has got the 310 unit in it, ive bought a 2014 315 unit to fit but don't fancy the diddling with the Bluetooth unit and fitting a DAB Ariel etc so was going to ask why's the 510 better than the 315? was looking at the latest LED 510 units on ebay.

Has anyone fitted a 510 into their Leon? I understand it uses the cars original Bluetooth unit under the seat? I know it hasn't got DAB on it but does it do music streaming from my phone like the 315 would or would I need the premium Bluetooth unit too?

Just weighing up my options really as I'm not sure id even use the DAB radio on the 315 as some people say it hardly works when moving etc

If I have to fit the premium Bluetooth unit like one off ebay I'm guessing its not just a simple plug and play?

Thanks.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Check out Craig ( kebabwarrior81) readers ride, he fitted an RNS510 to his Cupra so he might be able to answer your questions.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
When I bought my car, it had bluetooth fitted with voice control plus the large MFD.

I swapped out the standard head unit and replaced it with a VW RNS510.

All it took was a bit of a coding change in vagcom to tell the car it had the 510 fitted plus I had to route the gps sensor.

Once fitted everything worked properly, bluetooth integrated into the unit, the sat navigation worked (with turn but turn guidance coming up on the MFD), even changing settings the climate control come up on the MFD.

All buttons on the steering wheel work with it too.