Question? Can i get my turbo accuator wound out a bit

Leepey74

Question?

Just a quick one,

Can i get my turbo accuator wound out abit more to produce more turbo boost??

Also will it damage the turbo?

Regards

Lee

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
If i was u leave it where it is, Ie factory position on a non chipped car there is nothing to be gained but trouble by altered the waste gate, if u want more power for cheap get an upsolute chip from impossible.:cheers:

prc

Sooty Meister
Originally posted by jerry
can someone explain what exactly winding out the turbo actuator is???

I'm explaining it in a tdi point of view, but the idea is the same for petrols as well.

Basically but winding out the valve, your going to get a bigger initial spike in boost pressure. It takes just an extra bit of time before the actuator closes the vanes on the TDI vnt turbo. On a petrol it would be the wastegate ???.

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
My understanding is that if you wind the wastegate a bit then it changes how wide the wastegate can pen when set to full open. So if you consider the normal full open position to be 100% then if you wind the wastegate up 10% then the max the wastegate can ever open to would be 90%, meaning you are still getting a little boost.

So, by winding the wastegate you are effectively making it so that the ECU can't throw away all the boost even when it wants to, thereby giving you a litle more.

Personally I would say stay well away from it. Let the tuners do the tuning.

Cheers
Ben

prc

Sooty Meister
Originally posted by BenS1
My understanding is that if you wind the wastegate a bit then it changes how wide the wastegate can pen when set to full open. So if you consider the normal full open position to be 100% then if you wind the wastegate up 10% then the max the wastegate can ever open to would be 90%, meaning you are still getting a little boost.

So, by winding the wastegate you are effectively making it so that the ECU can't throw away all the boost even when it wants to, thereby giving you a litle more.

Personally I would say stay well away from it. Let the tuners do the tuning.

Cheers
Ben

Sort of sounds right for a petrol, but I'm not sure. On the vnt turbos (tdi's) you'll get just a little extra boost before the accuator starts moving the vanes.

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
I know this is an ancent thread but ive been doing some searching on actuators as this is what my new boost gauge is supposed to connect to, so my question is....Where is the actuator on an 03 ibiza tdi 130pd? Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.