Question: Panoramic Roof and Digital Cockpit

LuM

Mar 28, 2019
We're looking to buy an Ibiza Xcellence 1.0 95BHP at short notice, and the only one we can find comes with a panoramic roof. Can't find any internal photos of the roof, and whether it has a sun-shade that can be closed - does anyone have one and can you please let us know or post some photographs please? Also, does it take away from the roof height?

Finally, we'd prefer an Xcellence Lux but can't find one in stock. The only differences seem to be:

1. Digital cockpit - we'd love to have this, but are the normal dials okay? Is the Xcellence's small digital display between the analogue dials colour or just B&W?
2. Upholstery - how robust is the microsuede upgrade considering that it'll have young children in the back?!
3. Wheels - are the Xcellence 16" going to be less bumpy and cheaper to replace tyres on than the Lux's 17"?
4. Drive profile - do people use this much? Perhaps only to change the steering weight?

Any other differences?

As a car to run-around town and occasional motorway use, we're hoping that the 95BHP doesn't fill under-powered compared to the 115BHP engine... It's a couple of insurance groups lower too!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Upholstery in mine is the same microsuede and is unmarked after 18 months.

I have 1 SEAT on 16s and 1 on 17s at the moment. The 16s do ride better (but are not always cheaper due being less popular)

Reactions: LuM

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I can't say I've used the drive profile switch much. Doesn't really seem to do much, as the cars don't have adjustable dampers.

I love the microsuede. Looks awesome. IMO the seats in the standard Xcellence are a bit weird with the 'Mystic Magenta' patches, the plain black/grey seats the Arona Xcellence gets are much nicer IMO. Plus, I think because of those seats, the Xcellence doesn't get the Desire Red, Mystery Blue, or the orange. On the Irish configurator, selecting one of those colours requires adding the microsuede interior. The advantage if you have kids with the microsuede is that the leatherette bits are wipe clean! And the backs of the front seats are all leatherette, which is one area where small children tend to make a mess.

Regarding ride- it's fine on 17s. Noticably firmer than my old Fabia on 15s, but that's to be expected.

The digital dash is damn cool. The standard cluster is basically the same as the one I had in my Fabia, and it's a lot more basic. It's a B&W screen.

I have the 115PS, but test drove a 95PS before ordering, and my Fabia was a 90PS 1.2 TSI. The lesser engine is fine, although it's nice having a 6th gear on the motorway.

LuM

Mar 28, 2019
Thank you for all of the replies - really useful to know... So now we just have to weigh up whether the digital cockpit is a deal breaker! Not sure about the magenta upholstery either... Will be asking the dealer for photographs!

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
It seems to vary a lot in photos depending on the lighting. In some photos it looks more brown/beige, in some it looks grey, in some it looks pinker. Odd colour. I'd suggest looking at one in person.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
All panoramic roofs leak ;) Maybe not soon, maybe not immediately, but almost surely eventually.

I wanted one too on my Cupra and when I started to read about it I decided against. I bought my car from a dealer and the guy was friendly, so I asked him what was his take on it and he told me "Oh, they all leak. Stay away from them" - this is true at least for Finnish weather, but I guess wherever it gets cold it would also apply.
They look lovely and I love the extra brightness and room in the car, but it is a flawed thing. My SWAMBO had a Fiat 500 with a glass roof before the current Ibiza FR and guess what... it leaked. And that one was even not moving - it was a fixed glass roof.

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
Sorry to hijack the thread but is the sun roofs sliding and tilting on the new Ibiza?

Thanks in advance, really looking into upgrading from my current 1.2 TSI Ibiza FR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.