Quick 312mm brake question

briscoe

Apr 16, 2013
So i read the brake upgrade post, but didn't find if the mk4 golf gti calipers would bolt on with the carriers and the right discs?
Regards
Nick

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
I think it woukd be easier to get the the carrier extention and buy some mk1 lcr brembos and discs

mishawel

Jul 8, 2016
Off a leon or ibiza? Are these the same as a mk1 tt etc? I just want to put the 312mm discs with the right calipers. Regards
Nick
don't know if they are the exact same calipers, but yes they are 312mm.
Off an ibiza sorry for not specifying.
right now you have 288mm discs?
anyway you'll need the matching carrier for any caliper you'll get (either golf or ibiza)
you should buy the whole set cause the caliper without carrier will be pretty much pointless.

briscoe

Apr 16, 2013
don't know if they are the exact same calipers, but yes they are 312mm.
Off an ibiza sorry for not specifying.
right now you have 288mm discs?
anyway you'll need the matching carrier for any caliper you'll get (either golf or ibiza)
you should buy the whole set cause the caliper without carrier will be pretty much pointless.
Yeah I've seen lots of good deals on leon and golf mk5 gti calipers complete with carrier etc. Mk2 octavia vrs also.your correct that I'm currently on the 288mm setup.

briscoe

Apr 16, 2013
Yeah I've seen lots of good deals on leon and golf mk5 gti calipers complete with carrier etc. Mk2 octavia vrs also.your correct that I'm currently on the 288mm setup.
Will these fit with the audi tt mk1 312mm discs?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members