Quick Q - Does this wiper installation look ok?

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Very quick on here, just received my fabia wiper conversion pack off a seller on ebay, and installed in a couple of mins, no prob. However, when i look at it, it seems a but funny, like the wiper arm should cover the blade more, you know sit more flush to the windscreen.

image366.jpg

Most of the pics on the 100's of threads show higher elevations and it looks fine on mine from standing up. So just a quick one to ask those who has done the mod if its meant to look like that.

Sorry for the cack pic, light was dissapearing just now.

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik
did this mod a couple of weeks ago,and the wiper arm on mine does seem to sit over the blade more than yours.doesnt look too bad tho,take it you ve pushed the blade all the way into the arm correctly?

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
looks like the blade hasn't clipped into the arm properly I'd say :)

I thought that, but it only clips in on one part, and there was a nice satisfying click when it went into the cover that i didnt think it needed more force. I just took the blade out to double check the part number and it felt properly secured, felt like it was going to break before it came off again.

Will give it a go tomorrow!

EDIT: was bugging me so went out and got it in the dark - prob looked like i was trying to nick the car! What I have noticed is that on my part bag I have the new part number (6Y9955707A) but on the part itself I have the old one (6Y9955704A). Which is odd - wonder if there are any physical differences or not between the two or just a change in part number... BAh.

Last edited:

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik
maybes theres a slight difference in it them,maybe a bit bigger.you gonna try and get it changed? i ll have a look at the part number on mine in the morning if you want too to see if that helps??

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Yeah if you could mate. Been trying to scour the many threads on here for pics of others to see if i can spot the difference. Any chance you could get a pic from behind, low down (ooo err :)) and that way i can see what the profile is on your windscreen. I'll get a pic of mine too to compare.

Of course I want it right, so will email the buyer and see what he says. Who'd have thought this would have been a pain :blink:

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Yep - same one that I used :) but if you could send one after work thatd be cool. Im wondering if the angle i took the photo from makes it look worse than it really is. Will get one from behind and see how it compares to some other pics I've taken off this forum.

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik
alright mate sorry i never got on this morning.the part number i ve got on the wiper arm is 6Y9955704A and for the wiper blade its 6Y0955425.heres a couple of pics too:
100_0272.jpg

100_0271.jpg

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Hey cheers for that. I def have the same parts. The prob with mine seems to be where i connect it to the main spindle. If i tighten the nut with the arm up, the base is lower, hence why the cover is pivoting off where the wiper is connected resulting in the end coming up a bit. If I tighten the bolt up with the arm down, then it looks much better, but when you tilt the arm up, its not tight. Makes me wonder if there was a washer or something that I lost when I took the other one off.

This is how far down the spindle it goes - big ask I know, but any chance you could see if yours is like that? If you werent in Scotland, then beer tokens would def be coming your way!!!

Either way, I'm happier with it now than yesterday, as I've tightened it justenough, so the wiper is a bit more covered... but cheers for all the help. Main thing is that i wasnt fleeced for parts on the bay ;)

Last edited:

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik
just nipped out and took a couple of pics sorry their crap.its sitting just the same as yours on the spindle.when i fitted mine i put it on with the arm down,pushed it on making sure was as far on as it could go then just tightened it up until i was happy it wouldnt slip while wiping.didnt want to over-tighten incase i broke the plastic.when the arm is up its still tight,does'nt rock or turn.there is some movement but its just a wee bit of play in the spindle or motor.
100_0274.jpg

100_0277.jpg

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Nah bud - cheers for heading out and doing them pics. Yeah, I reckon its cos i tightened it maybe a bit too much. If I fit mine with the arm down, then it has a bit of play, and it looks much better. Well at least thats all sorted :clap: For the sake of a few mm's :doh:

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise