quick question about leather interior

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
i just won a full leather interior of e bay , its electric and heated , will the electric and heated seats work in my cupra r or will it have to be wired in to work , as i have had some cars and the plugs are some times in there...

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
yeah thats them, they are german though, so on wrong side of dash, always wanted leather in the lcr, + when i sell my seats for £250 they will owe me £400

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
switches in the dash usually for both seats heating wise - i would check there for wiring first

when i get home ill check the looms listed for it if you need em

got a list for all the bits for a mk2 beeza and isnt too bad - wiring switches and relay basically

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i must admit i always thought there was only one type of switch listed but i will check

as a thought have you asked the guy you got em off ? was he stripping the car ?

certainly not impossible and not that hard to do but a lot lot easier if you can get the connectors or looms out of a car as you can easily join wires up cheaply

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ye thought as such switches list as Left and Right but not for LHD or RHD so appear to be one for all

i have a couple of pics of the looms for heating and electric seats but i dont think they will help much

also spotted rain sensor and wiring adaptor
looking at it the motor itself doesnt have a seperate number for rain sensor so i wonder if a decent conversion could be made of that but does have a different relay - mmmmmm

i did manage to retrofit rear headphone sockets once but this one will be a bit tougher i fear

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
ive asked the guy i bought them of and he is gonna have a look tommorow for the switches, if it works out to be a knightmare to get the heated elements working i may just leave them so they are electric

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Ive got mine connected. Electric...

As simple as positive and negative.... connected to power from ciggy lighter ;)

Havent bothered about the heating as i have a gauge in the place of the heater buttons...

I will like to see how the heater thing gets done though...

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
power / relay and resistor it seems plus wiring though

if has got the switches try and grab the wiring and connectors with em of poss

you may be lucky and find its a layover loom

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members