R.I.P. Richard Burns (Merged)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yup - just saw it on the beeb breakfast news, the sports guy seemed genuinely shocked...

Like tris said - I always expected to see him back in a car once he was better....

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
I've afriad he never revcovered as such. From memory he was sent home last year and things were positive, but earlier this years, things werent quite working out and the main aim was to make Richard comfortable.I'm still shocked. It must have been so very hard for his family and his girlfriend, Zoe over the past two years, let alone the past few months after they knew what was coming.

RIP Richard, you'll be missed by SO many people, fans and competitiors. You were a real star and a champion

RICHARD BURNS : 2001 FiA WORLD RALLY CHAMPION

Last edited:

allaction

Jun 26, 2005
The thing I liked about him was he had a real 'everyman' quality. He lived his life how most of us would, if in his position. I remember seeing him interviewed once and the reporter asked him why, like the majority of rally and F1 drivers, he didn't live in Monaco. He said he'd rather pay the tax here and be close to his mates and family. A true loss as a sportsman and a person.

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
RIP Burnsy :(

Truly tragic - had always hoped he would recover, although knew things were going the wrong way when he was wheelchair-bound last year.

Great driver. Brave man. Sad loss. :(

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
He was an inspiration to many people and it's tragic to lose someone so young. RIP. :(

d9set

Very sad news.

A man killed in his prime, make you think that life is too short and you should enjoy and make the most of your time in this life.

I watched Richard many times in British and world rallys, he was agreat talent but was often living in the shadow of the great colin McRae.
Although he was not a flambouyant as Colin his driving style was good.

RIP Richard.

So a message to everyone on here, enjoy your life and love the ones around you.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.