R.I.P. Richard Burns (Merged)

Triple D

I heard about it yesaterday when i was at work and didn't belive it untill they did the news again for the second time. A great shame and he will be sadley missed no doubt. R.I.P

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Heard about it last night at work,very,very sad :cry: .Not heard one word about it on the tv today,they are to busy going on about george Best [:@] [:@]

linton

yeah really sad time richard was a legend behind the wheel and a true champion :(

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
BRDC pays homage to Burns

taken from Autosport.

The British Racing Drivers' Club has honoured the late Richard Burns at its annual awards ceremony at Silverstone on Monday.

The former world rally champion passed away last month but that did not stop the BRDC from choosing to still award him their Innes Ireland Trophy, which is presented annually for Courage and Sportsmanship.

BRDC president Jackie Stewart said: "We decided to award this to Richard before he passed away for his fantastic achievements in rallying.

"In 1999 he nearly won the 1000 Lakes Rally and that was when the Finns really took notice of him. And he was determined until the end."

mine not here yet!!! i ordered 4, keep me goin for the next car each as well

anyone see "motosport news" this week (30 nov)
first nine pages dedicated to the life and conquests of RB.

will be keeping that one along side "RICHARD BURNS - DRIVING AMBITION", his biography that Vick bought me a few Xmas's back.

I still can't get over it, he was only a year older than me???

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
will be keeping that one along side "RICHARD BURNS - DRIVING AMBITION", his biography that Vick bought me a few Xmas's back.

I still can't get over it, he was only a year older than me???
i know what i will be asking for this christmas then ;) he was six days younger than me :(