R69's LCR 225 Platinum Grey (UPDATED 30/03/09)

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
From here

Just clip straight on to the standard arms, 2 minute mod! Not as clean looking as MkIV conversion though, so be warned....

DSC00587.jpg

Ideally you need 18" for the passenger side, 19" looks like this.....
DSC00584.jpg

.....don't really notice it, but I know it's there!
But just got them in a hurry as old blade had split & couldn't afford a proper conversion.
Hope that helps mate ;)

CupraString

Jul 29, 2008
West Mids
I got it from eBay for £23 delivered, but just checked & he hasn't got any at the moment. He normaly lists about 10 or so at a time.
Just paste this... "SKODA FABIA REAR WIPER ARM SEAT LEON CONVERSION KIT" into the search on ebay then look at completed listings, then save the search or just check every few days...

Cheaper to go to Skoda dealers though & get them from there, around £16.

Fronts are from ebay too, yeah they just clip into the standard arms. For a better look you could try a Golf MkIV wiper conversion but this is around £80 I think from VW dealers. I'll be getting some of these eventually but at the moment would rather put that money to other mods I have planned. Fronts were around £11.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks Buddy will look on ebay and upgrade soon :)

kegger

Aug 4, 2008
Bedfordshire
You can buy the wiper conversions that clip straight on and fit the screen properly from VW dealers... can't remember or find the part number though. Cost me less than £20 but still isn't as good as doing it properly.

Nice clean car by the way fella:)

DMC1987

Jenson for World Champion
Aug 26, 2008
Hertfordshire
looks good pal, as has been said already its the subtle ones that are the best. im with everyone else on the colour, i wouldnt even consider any other colours when i was buying my LCR.

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
De badged the side R's at the weekend! - sorry there is no close up pic as they wouldn't download to the mac for some reason, will take some more soon to satisfy all you pic slags!

DSC00615.jpg

Some randoms for said pic slags!...

DSC00611.jpg

excuse the blemishes on bonnet!!!

DSC00614-1.jpg

Last edited:

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Went for a blast today on some national speed limits - bloody hell these cars are fast...& mine's only in STANDARD tune!!! :happy:

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
yeah great car hey? :D

Do you like the debadged wings?
I couldn't decide but they were so corroded that I thought I may as well remove them!
I'm glad I did though as I much prefer it without - bit of a smoother look. May totally debadge the back next I think.....

:D

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Platinum grey is such a brilliant colour, im torn between it aswell as yellow and black.
Looks superb mate. Very impressive! :thumbup:

nathantom

Ive got a Cupra R in Platinum grey and think it looks great but someone in work said that they think is a horrible colour and looks ****! what does every1 think?

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Some people don't like grey, some don't like black, others red, some yellow & so it goes on.
As long as YOU like it that's all that matters bud!

:happy:

BRB

part-timer
Mar 18, 2008
Glasgow
lovely car mate , nice and shiney . you have made me want too get off my arse and shine mine up . never heard of a cg lock? what is this and what wax do you use .

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
CG-Lock

Polish/wax?? Erm..er...well, I've only waxed it once since I've had it!
I'm planning on investing in a Meguiars clay detail kit plus some good quality wax & shampoo & general cleanong goodies so watch this space!

Just regular & reasonably thorough washing once a week is all I do at the moment.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.