R69's LCR 225 Platinum Grey (UPDATED 30/03/09)

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
After you'd left a comment in my thread i thought i'd have a peek in yours....have to say its looking good, apart from the colour!! :p :lol:

I'd also have to agree that this is also the best car that I have ever owned aswell. I love it! :)

PHIL LCR

Aug 27, 2009
Herts
Hello mate,

Your LCR is looking tip-top! I've also got a platinum LCR, I've had mine since the end of August and I'm lovin' it!

Done pretty much the same mods as you so far. ;)

Last edited:

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Hey thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Not done anything to the car lately except FINALLY getting round to transferring my reg' across to the LCR. Looks so much better now as I've fitted shortened but fully legal plates.

Looking at getting a new H/U (Alpine iDA-X305) in November & a few little more cosmetic touches to keep me going. Then finally some proper mods once funds allow. ;)
It's booked in for a service in October so I'll probably ask them to fit an upgraded air filter at the same time instead of a standard one, as it won't cost much more.

Will keep you all updated & thanks again for the comments :D

PHIL LCR

Aug 27, 2009
Herts
Hey R69,

This CG lock thing you've got, I've read the link you posted.

Is it really as effective as they make out?

Do you find it's changed/improved your driving experience?

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Hey R69,

This CG lock thing you've got, I've read the link you posted.

Is it really as effective as they make out?

Do you find it's changed/improved your driving experience?

Hi Phil

Well I was as dubious as anyone at first but heard so many good things about it from another forum I used to visit that I thought I'd give it a go.
Got it for a reasonable price from ebay so knew I could resell it if it wasn't for me.

It really is very good indeed. They reckon it gives you upto 80% or so of the hold of a race harness. :shrug:
I've not experienced a harness so can't comment - but what I can say is it's AWESOME around roundabouts! ;)

It's all to do with your (drivers) centre of gravity when you're driving.

Because it holds you in as tight as you can bare, it means you can "throw" the car around a lot more, as your arms/hands/wrists are free to steer, so you no longer have to use them to effectively "hold-on" AND steer - hope that makes sense!

So yes, it has most definately improved my driving experience!
To put it another way, for me it's one of those undiscovered gems that I wouldn't be without, now that I've used it. I will have it in every car I own from now on (unless I ever get a Caterham with full harness :rolleyes:)

BAGZ

Oct 8, 2009
bathgate west lothian
hay thanx for say'n hi, iv been reading thru your thread and am liking the pics of your lcr its a real nice car! im hoping to do sume mods to my car, im geting a dump valve spacer fitted nxt week and then will get the diverter piston fitted, like your self have to watch the pennies!! im also wanting to fit the k1 bumpers.[B)]

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
hay thanx for say'n hi, iv been reading thru your thread and am liking the pics of your lcr its a real nice car! im hoping to do sume mods to my car, im geting a dump valve spacer fitted nxt week and then will get the diverter piston fitted, like your self have to watch the pennies!! im also wanting to fit the k1 bumpers.[B)]

Hey thanks for the comments. I've not done anything to the car lately as just haven't got the spare cash. But did get a full service done at the start of the month. Oh & just ordered a brand new, genuine C2 aerial from ebay for a fiver!

Good luck with the modding & yeah, the kit looks great on Mk 2's! :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.