Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

R8 Coils Need Remap?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk5 (2008-2017)' started by xChokis, Oct 15, 2018.

1. xChokis

xChokis Active Member

Hello guys,
    i bought a 2011 ibiza cupra and the initial checkup brought up that it was due to change the coils so instead of getting the OEM ones i bought an NGK R8 Coils pack and i replaced them i also replaced the wiring as instructed but i noticed that lately when i cold start my car ( not everytime though) it feels like it's running on pretty high rpm's , and on more power than it's supposed to be , it has a little kick and it trembles a bit after some metres the car gets back to it's normal state, did i do something wrong? is a remap reccomended after upgrading the coils to the R8 ones or is my car just messing up with me?
    Thank you in advance!

2. Legojon

Legojon I only wanted a remap

Do you still have the old coils? If so you could put them back in see if the problem goes away. But no, you don't need a remap for the R8 coils.

3. xChokis

xChokis Active Member

I drove the car on the old coils for about a month so i definitely know that this problem didn't exist back then i just had a huge problem on high rpm's that i don't have now it actually runs like a dream but still the cold start problem persists so I'm kinda confused for that also when i changed the coils the engine / coil warning didn't go away so I'll probably connect it to the obd port and check what errors it'll give me

4. Glove

Glove Active Member

5. andycupra

andycupra status subject to change

are we talking about the proper cold starts that we have only had in the last few weeks?

6. xChokis

xChokis Active Member

7. xChokis

xChokis Active Member

Well when I'm saying cold start i mean if i didn't use the car for more than a day

8. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

Maybe the cold starts just weren't as cold before. The weather has changed.