Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

R8 Style LEDS With Projector Lights

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by Manny, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Manny

Manny 2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI

2. GainfulShrimp

They look to be just like the Dectane ones (they might be those very lights, in fact). If you do a search for Dectane you should find some pics of them installed in a car.

I believe they look OK although I seem to recall reading that you're not supposed to use HIDs with the projection lights in these as they don't cope with the output/heat.

3. rockape

rockape Active Member

4. Manny

I think they look nice!

My current plan is :
    Full Aero Kit - Those Lights - BBS CH Alloys Black with Red Lip and Debadged front grill

Loool :p

5. K1Shane

K1Shane 336bhp 319 lb/ft

6. Manny

Hmm im not sure.. I havent messed with my car much yet, only had it a week hehe

I might order these lights.. But im just wondering, what happens if an LED goes out? Is there a replacement part or?

7. Al

Al Active Member

They look :w4nk: in my opinion. Nothing looks more like "i wish I had" when you see Mundaneo's, Chicken Paxo's, Ashtray's etc with a strip of Blue LED's built in to the main headlight unit.

If you want R8 lights, buy an R8.

[/£0.02]

8. Nath.

Nath. The Gentlemans Express

LED's themselves don't go out, that's one of the best things about them. If you see an LED brake light with one or two LED's that don't work it will 100% be a faulty solder joint from the tailgate thumping when it's closed and not a failed LED.

9. Nath.

Or stuck on the outside with sticky tape and the cable poked through a nearby pannel gap :clap:

10. Leigh15

Almost as good as the DIY reverse park sensors - cabled in via the tailgate... :rolleyes:

11. Manny

Ive seen the shitty ones that people buy off ebay for like £15 and stick em on.. those look pathethic

But i really like these.. With the way i want to style my car i think these will suit it nicely

12. Gazza_24

Gazza_24 Active Member

I quite like the look of the actual headlight but don't like the LEDs in them :-((

13. Nath.

Yep, seen that too :lol:

14. K1Shane

K1Shane 336bhp 319 lb/ft

I defo hear what ur saying about the ashtrays etc because some people to take things to an extreme and it looks ridiculous (a good example being the guy who transplanted the entire front end of his Saxo for an alfa 146 one) but clearly none of us have £100k for an R8 or else we'd be on the R8 forums! So for someone who want the look, but don't 'wish they owned one' what do you suggest?

If your gonna go down the whole 'don't add stuff Coz u wish u had it' route then you could argue there's no point taking our cars to stage1/stage 2 and stage 2+, even sometimes stage 3, Just buy a faster car!! You did it on your old cupra!

#14 K1Shane, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  15. Al

Al Active Member

There is some logic in what you say. However a 2k motorbike will kill an R8. What I am trying to say is that speed/performance is not wannabe. Not the same argument.

Point in fact is that these lights look cack, as do the LED strip lights people have been adding recently. If they were actually the same colour as the xenon bulbs it could look ok but the point is they don't. It's much like Lexarse lights, Bentley wheels etc.

What I would suggest is OEM xenons.

16. invisiblekid

Couldn't agree more.

The Lexas lights craze is a perfect example. Not to mention - they were hideous.

17. Manny

Well on the way i plan to have my leon , i think these lights will look good! But only if all the other bulbs are the same colour as the leds

18. Al

Al Active Member

So you plan on fitting mid blue bulbs then?

19. Manny

Id like to fit some nice HIDs in there but i need to see what they can take :/

20. Al

Al Active Member

By the way MS Design are the only company I have seen stock factory style LED's. That's the same folks that do the OEM body kit.

Not advocating that type of mod but if it's a route you plan to go down, you should at least take a look there :)