Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Radiator fan on until battery dies - p0606 code

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by Samdro54321, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Samdro54321

Radiator fan switches on after the car has been on for less than a minute, when the car is switched off the radiator fan continues to spin until the battery is dead. I haves replace the fan control module but that did not help, I have now used an obd scanner which showed the code p0606, not sure of this is related to my issue or if it is something else, any help would be amazing thanks

2. MW05

MW05 Active Member

You need to clear the code and then see if it comes back again.
    I've heard that a common fail is the coolant temperature switch.
    I don't know if it can cause the fan to run on after the ignition is switched off but they are less than £20 from Euro Car Parts, for a 1.9TDi Fr anyway.
    Enter your car reg into the box and then search for the coolant temp sensor under Engine Management Sensors

Other parts suppliers are available :thumbup:

3. martin j.

martin j. Active Member

A stuck relay?

4. RUM4MO

RUM4MO Active Member

I think that the relay(s) are inside the control module.

I'd be unplugging the thermal switch as a first move if this issue has now not been resolved.