Radio AM reception

smitty13

Has anyone got/had really poor AM reception on there standard head unit ?? FM is fine but AM is poor to non existant !
Any ideas or is it a trip to the main dealers ? Cheers

smitty13

I know but I am a sport junkie so need a daily fix of Five Live sport plus there is only so much Chris Moyles you can take when you are in a traffic jam

Xe

Very true. Actually I have not tested the AM yet, will do and report back later on this evening.

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
AM is just about do-able in mine. I was listening to the start of the GP and it sort of goes in and out of "good" reception and every now and again goes really load for a couple of seconds.

The Bee Sting ariels aren't the best fro AM reception att he best of times though, you need a propper metal telescopic one for that, old school stylee :D

smitty13

Never had much problem in last two cars - both with bee sting ariels - but did have my own sony head unit in them. Is it worth a trip to the main dealers or will I just be wasting time ???

smitty13

Problem fixed - all made alot better - Sat Nav ???
With the sat nav on almost no am reception - off gets better but if i un-plug the power supply gets better again - I can now actually hear what people are saying although I am not sure this is any better than the static ???:rolleyes: