Radio Code Help

Holocar

Picked my car up from garage and - of course - battery had been disconnected, so turning on the AURA radio only displayed "2000". Later, started prog sequence to enter the safety code, but got interrupted by a phone call. So now the display reads "2 SAFE", which the manual sez is displayed during the "Waiting interval". But how long is that interval? I've now waited about 5 hours and it still displays "2 SAFE" and everything else is dead.
How long? Or how do I get around this?
Thanks
Ian

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sounds daft but leave it ON as long as possible

most are done overnight

but have known 3 days of driving on some :( sorry

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The waiting interval is determined by the amount of attempts, seems liek i did recently, you've only entered it incorrectly once.

What you need to do, the manual is not very clear on this.

Turn on your radio, without the key being in the ignition, it should power up. Now leave it. Lock the car, go off for a couple of hours, best to do it at home i guess so you know its safe.

After approx 2 hours, has been known to take a lot longer, you should find that the radio has turned itself off

If you now turn on the radio, you will have the opportunity to enter the code again, if you fail to enter it this time, the radio will go into SAFE again, with a longer wait inteval required.

If you try 3 times, it will then lock permanantly, and you will require a trip to a SEAT dealer to unlock it for you, via the Radios Serial Number.

Hope this helps.

Holocar

Time to go turn radio on

You're right - the manual isn't clear that the radio has to be left on. I'll go turn it on right away.
Thanks
Ian

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
Mine Has an A4 sized piece of paper, with a cut out section which is credit card sized. on this cut out peice i guess is a space to write the radio code.

Problem is, that credit card sized bit is missing!! haha!

Seems like dealer is the only way.

When i went to look at the car i did a function check of the radio with vag com and it powered up ok, but still needs the code, i just dont know if you can reset that with vag com?

dontnoanything

dontnoanything
Jul 19, 2005
gondor
seat customer services say the dealer should send off for the radio code free off charge, just incase any dealers try to charge.