Radio code problems

kylestyle09

Jan 30, 2009
hi guys, need your help. Disconnected the battery,and the radio asked for a code. I put the code from my handbook in, but nothing happens? When i put the correct code in and press the on off button it flashes safe, then a little number 1 came up on the bottom left. I repeated it again and then a 2 came up. I don't want to try it again incase it blocks but what do I do? Please help got a 2 hour journey tomorrow and with no radio it will kill me. Thanks

kylestyle09

Jan 30, 2009
ive left it sitting outside my work with the radio on to see if that workss...... if so happy days if not a 200 mile drive with no radio is gonna killlllllll meee!!!

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
I had exactly the same problem.
I rang my local seat dealer and a very helpfull bloke talked me through it.

It does involve turning the igniton on and leaving it for about an hour to 're-set' itself if i remember correctly.

I'd give your local dealer a call mate.

kylestyle09

Jan 30, 2009
I ahve, he told me to enter the code and hold PTY. I was holding PROGRAM before... I ll see what it does... pissing me off though. What did they tell you?

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Yeah he told me to hold a certain button i think it was 'PTY' and then i had to leave it on for an hour or so for it to re-set.
Then i went through the procedure of inputting the code again and hey presto! :D

I've got to dash now Kyle and switch pc's, the one i'll be using has no internet!

Hope that helped anyway. :)

Last edited:

cornishbloke

I had the same problem with mine, had to take it in to the dealer to be sorted, cost be about £20. they issued me with a new code as the original code wasnt accepted into the radio for some reason.

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
i had the same with mine when i bought it, it had a new battery fitted and the code in the book didn't work. Stealer charged £25 for a new code to be supplied, had to remove radio to get serial number. When i got the code, had to leave the key in the ignition with radio on until it wanted to come out of safe and let me enter the code. First time it took 3/4 hour (wrong code entered) second time it took 1 1/2 hours :cry:

kylestyle09

Jan 30, 2009
I went to dealers, got talking to the guy, and he just gave me the sheet with the code.. :D kind guy.. the code that was in the book was wrong, think they lost it and replaced with any book!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.