Radio Code

DSUK

May 9, 2009
Is there any way of finding this out? Dealer wants £50 to hook it up to download it from Seat. I understand I need it if I am changing the dash insert?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
the only reason you need it is if you change the radio to a new OEM one or change the instrument cluster (immobiliser)

DSUK

May 9, 2009
Hi Dan, yes I am replacing the instrument cluster so I guess I will need it!

james.milroy

Mar 18, 2007
Sunny Saltcoats, Scotland
Are you changing the cluster yourself or is the dealer doing it for you. Reason I ask is because i'd like to know how you are going to get the pin codes for the old and new clusters. I am having issues with getting a new cluster installed. Would do it myself if I could get a hold of the pin codes. Reason being, i've got a new cluster here I paid £500 for and the dealer can't code it in for me.

Last edited:

DSUK

May 9, 2009
A guy called ben from shark performance in Mansfield is going to do it for me when I can locate a reasonably priced secondhand cluster. I only have a basic cluster with no trip computer so I want to upgrade to a midline display. Are you upgrading to a full height display? Ben tells me that the equiptment he has will only get codes for clusters made up to 09 2006

james.milroy

Mar 18, 2007
Sunny Saltcoats, Scotland
I've got a NEW highline cluster. Cost me an arm and a leg. My car is a MY08 and has a midline display. The dealer couldn't adapt it for me and came away with the excuse that the NEW cluster was in fact USED and already had immobiliser info in it. SEAT are telling me all parts sold are NEW and not USED. So i'm kinda stuck. I've mailed Shark Performance just now in the hope they can help, or point me in the right direction.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise