Radio code

Leon_MHX

Stealth TDi
Nov 6, 2008
Cheshire
Hi would anyone working for a VAG dealer be will to get my radio code from the HU's SKZ number.

I have tried to contact someone on Briskoda, who was recommended to me but that hasnt got me anywhere as they havent replied twice.

If i go to my local dealer they will be arsey as they will want to know why i want the code, and that would be because the instrument cluster has been swapped.

Thanks in advance.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Mk2 leon doesn't have a radio code as such, the radio is paired to the car and if it is powered down or removed it will re-pair when powered back up. if you want to fit your radio into another car or vice versa you have expensive dealer problems.

Leon_MHX

Stealth TDi
Nov 6, 2008
Cheshire
Please read before posting.

I have swapped my instrument cluster, this has the code in it so the radio pairs with it.

I wanted to know if somebody would be kind enough to look up my SKZ code on elsa (at a dealer) the put in a VIN to obtain my radio code

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Crumbs, and you reckon that the dealers will get arsey?

I must have had the last couple of lines of your first post off the bottom of my screen so i guess that means I can't help you.

Good luck.

Leon_MHX

Stealth TDi
Nov 6, 2008
Cheshire
Sorry if i came across abit off hand there,

Yes i think the dealers might be funny as the cars under warranty. Plus i should never need the radio code...in theory

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members