Radio Code

marinipersonal

Jan 1, 2017
Anyone knows where can I find the Radio Codes in the manuals?
Willing to do a ECU reset, but unusure if the code will be needed. Better careful than sorry.
Thanks

Count Drunkula

Jul 12, 2017
Do you mean the security code?

If so all mk3 Leons head units are coded to the vehicle by VIN number so won't need a code after reset. VAG call it component protection nowadays. It was brought about to try and stem the theft of high end systems after the amount of rns510s stolen from vehicles and sold on sites like fleabay

Last edited:

marinipersonal

Jan 1, 2017
That's good to know.
Was afraid that keeping the battery unplugged for 30 minutes would need a code to use the unit again.
Thanks.

Hewzy

Mar 11, 2018
Hi Marinipersonal, how did the reset go? I'm looking to do the same on my 59 reg Cupra and likewise am not sure if this will effect my stereo and immobiliser, did your reset go alright?

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
Hi Marinipersonal, how did the reset go? I'm looking to do the same on my 59 reg Cupra and likewise am not sure if this will effect my stereo and immobiliser, did your reset go alright?

You'd be better off seeking advice from other MK2 owners. This is the MK3 forum which your 59 reg Cupra will not be so a completely different system.

Hewzy

Mar 11, 2018
You'd be better off seeking advice from other MK2 owners. This is the MK3 forum which your 59 reg Cupra will not be so a completely different system.

Just seeing that, sorry.... First timer to any forums, rookie mistake :whistle:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.