Radio codes

denwyn

i have just bought a 99 Seat Toledo tdi se with aura radio/cassette 6 cd changer and have i am having problems with a safe code msg. it reads 2 SAFE,have gone through al the procedures in the manual,but all i keep getting is this dam 2 SAFE message. I am not sure on how long the waiting time should be before you can reinput the code, i left it overnight but still get the same 2 SAFE up. Have even disconnected it from the battery,but that will not work,garage i bought it from are not interested as its my fault so they say. How can i get the radio working again, bearing in mind the nearest Seat dealer is miles away. Any help appreciated

paulcupra

got the same problem at the moment in my dad's leon cupra. he popped into the dealers the other day and they said you need to leave it on with the "SAFE" message for an hour. either leave ignition on and wait for an hour....not practical! , then after an hour it should display a flashing number (i think 1000 but ours is showing 2000) then I think you follow the handbook procedure (press prog, enter code) yesterday I drove the car for over an hour with it showing "SAFE" to see if it would let me do it that way and I got to the stage of putting the code in but wasn't successful. i have no idea why not but there is a possibility it is down our head unit as it was replaced only a couple of weeks ago and has not been 100%. if you dont follow the procedure correctly or make some kind of mistake you have to wait another hour before trying again so it can be a bit of a bugger! :thumbd: I'm assuming the car is not from a SEAT dealer? I'm sure if you phoned up your nearest dealer they would be able to tell you what to do exactly over the phone if you have not tried that already :thumbup:

denwyn

Re Radio codes

Thanks will give it a go, nothing to lose.

Dennis

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
i posted it in another thread recently

but

keys out of the ignition, turn the radio on and leave it saying "safe"

after an hour it will revert to "1000" on the display*

*check your watch its got to be pretty much bang on an hour leave it much longer and it will go "safe" again

when the display reads 1000 input your code as shown in the manual and i think press and hold "program" to activate the radio.

if you get the code wrong it will go to "2000" on the display (second attempt) get it wrong again and it will revert to "safe" for another hour

if your code isnt working its probably wrong which means a trip to the dealer or remove it yourself to get the serial number off it and they check it with the SEAT database

read and re read the instruction manual carefully as its a dodgy translation i think and the instructions are not that clear.

:cheers:

denwyn

Re Seat Radio code

Thanks to all, issue now resolved,pity the handbook was not more precise.will definatley use this forum a great deal now.Very pleased with my Toledo by the way.

Dennis

paulcupra

cheers for that Saul. to be honest I'm not sure what my dad has done to it before I got there....i think he just did the worst thing possible and pressed everything in frustration. as I said the new head unit is only a couple of weeks old and I think the code we have could well be for the old unit. so all in all a bit of a hassle really. agree about the handbook...it's not the clearest description is it. think we will have to get in touch with the dealer. glad yours is sorted anyway Dennis! :)

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
I think I have the regular aura radio/cassette 6 cd changer. Reading the maual's description for the "DX" buttonon th HU. Off the top of my head I think it says that it "adjusts the receptions sensibility". ie How silly do you want the reception.

I think it should probably say "sensitivity". Made me laugh!

There's a few others like this in the manual, but can't think of them at the mo.

Before anyone says, no my spanish isn't good enough to translate it all back to spanish, I know most of us Brits are ignorant about other peoples languges. It just made me laugh!

I've found the manuals to be more use for holding the garage door open than actually telling you how the car works.

eims87

Thanks a million for this got my radio back. Now tough my CD player seems to be gone. What happened was my battery died (dodgy battery) and radio went into safe mode I got it back but now when I try use my cd 6 changer (sony) it just says changer and nothing happens. according to the manual it means that there is no communication from it but gives no way of fixing the problem. It wont even eject the cd magazine. I bough the car second hand and have the instalation manual for the cd player but o user manual. Thanks in adavance.

SEATLEON16

but

*check your watch its got to be pretty much bang on an hour leave it much longer and it will go "safe" again

when the display reads 1000 input your code as shown in the manual and i think press and hold "program" to activate the radio.

if you get the code wrong it will go to "2000" on the display (second attempt) get it wrong again and it will revert to "safe" for another hour

if your code isnt working its probably wrong which means a trip to the dealer or remove it yourself to get the serial number off it and they check it with the SEAT database

read and re read the instruction manual carefully as its a dodgy translation i think and the instructions are not that clear.

Hi Saul
I am new to this and did not know how to post a question onto a thread, I have got my code and used and reset radio mamny a time, but unfortunately I had put it in wrong and is displaying "SAFE2" I have done all of the above and as the radio manual states it should clear and nothing is clearing it from "SAFE2" any Ideas before I take it to a dealer
:help: Thanks

Mags

SEATLEON16

Hi Saul
I am new to this and did not know how to post a question onto a thread, I have got my code and used and reset radio mamny a time, but unfortunately I had put it in wrong and is displaying "SAFE2" I have done all of the above and as the radio manual states it should clear and nothing is clearing it from "SAFE2" any Ideas before I take it to a dealer
:help: Thanks

Mags

Thanks Saul [B)], I will try that I assume "2000" is the same as "SAFE2"

Mags

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
yeah, i would think so

the timing has to be pretty spot on too

whats your car?

lindysman

but

As old as this thread is, the above is the only answer that a technophobe like me could understand - it worked first time. Cheers mate!
Thank you my friend, there's a job waiting for you at Seat, writing the :censored:Manuals
, :D

Sean Bagel

Apr 9, 2009
1 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've fallen foul of this nightmare since I put a new airbag in at the weekend - my Aura in my Leon Cupra goes from "2 SAFE" to "1 2000", I then press PROG and it goes back to "2 SAFE" and I have to give up for a few hours again.

I find it hilarious that Seat feel they had to put these codes on these stereos - mine's got a poxy tape drive....!

Can you take the unit out while it's doing this or does it **** the car up? I am really tempted to take it to Halfords, get a half decent stereo and smash the Aura up with the biggest hammer I can find.

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

lindysman

It worked 1st time for me......:p

Are you sure you put the right code in properly ??

Sean Bagel

Apr 9, 2009
I didn't get the chance to put the code in lindysman as I kept pressing PROG as per the manual - some of those pages aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Anyway, I took a step back and took the advice of someone's post about this, waited for my 2000 to show up, left PROG well alone then was able to put my code in so I'm now back up and running.

Still gonna take the Aura out at some stage and get a JVC CD/USB at some stage!

lindysman

At least you got it sorted Sean - The coding can be disabled but that's another issue.....
If you're brave, have a go at it and save some beer tokens!!

All credit to Saul tho!

Alienwater

After many a tantrum I got mine to accept the code, had to be driving the car for some reason, wouldn't work any other time. The problem i'm now having is that once it's working it only works for between 30 seconds and 3 minutes or so, then turns itself off and goes back to displaying 2000 :cry:. I can put the code back in straight away and it works but then it turns off again. Did this 6 times on the way to work this morning and never got to the end of a single song. Any ideas why it's doing this? :confused:

cousinbillybob

Dear All,

Please pass this on to anyone who has problems with the SEAT radio code. In the front of the radio booklet just above where the radio card should be are a couple of paragraphs stating that if you lose the code, go to your local SEAT dealer and they will sort it free of charge. I emailed SEAT UK and queried why they are trying to charge people for something which should be free, and they have replied that I should take my car to the dealer and they will sort it FREE OF CHARGE...!!!