Radio codes

scollettuk2000@

Feb 8, 2016
Hi guy's

First post here so be gentle :)

I have recently bought a leon cupra mk1 and I'm having issues with the radio code. I can enter it fine and press program and radio works. Then when I power down and remove key from the ignition it looses it's code and I have to reenter.

As far as I can tell the permanent live is there at head set end of the connection (yellow wire?). My guess is it was fitted with an after market headset (try have put the original back in before I bought) as there is an ipod cable in place of the disc changer, which appears to have been hooked up via a connector to the standard wiring

Any suggestions where to look next?

Last edited:

JamesA

Sep 28, 2015
Dear All,

Please pass this on to anyone who has problems with the SEAT radio code. In the front of the radio booklet just above where the radio card should be are a couple of paragraphs stating that if you lose the code, go to your local SEAT dealer and they will sort it free of charge. I emailed SEAT UK and queried why they are trying to charge people for something which should be free, and they have replied that I should take my car to the dealer and they will sort it FREE OF CHARGE...!!!

On the back of my BLANK radio card it says "If the radio card with code number should be lost, please contact a SEAT dealer. There you will get all the help needed without any expense"

The dealer I bought mine from want £25.

Have contact SEAT via the website, and will see what happens...

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
I had problems.
Wrong code number in book.
Went to a seat garage in Worcester.they phoned up seat and gave me the correct number.
Spent a week messing around with the wrong number. Not happy chappy

Andy

Malice19

.:Cupra 4 The Win:.
Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
Where in the book does it state the PIN for the radio? Cant see it.

Found it, was looking in CD changer booklet as thats the only Audio booklet i had in my folder, cleared the draw and found the correct booklet had fallen down the back of the cupboard :D. All done and working again. Cheers:D

JamesA

Sep 28, 2015
Email SEAT and they will reply telling you it's free after about 1 week.
Print this email and take it to the dealer.
Take proof of ownership, driving licence and radio manual.

If you're on the system because that's where you bought it, they may not need to check ID.

Just got mine for free.

You could argue the dealer wants to charge for their time.
However, someone needing a SEAT radio code could well be in for a new car and you look at the cars while you're there.
So there is an argument for them doing it for free.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.