Radio in 'safe' mode

Tingle13

Sep 2, 2011
Cheltenham
Hiya I put a new battery on the car yesterday and now my radio says 'safe' on it. I have tried a few things like leaving it on for a few hours and also leaving the ignition on but still displaying 'safe' any ideas ?
I need my music back

There's a guide in FAQ's but off the top of my head,switch radio ON & go away for an hour leaving it on,you can remove key,ignition OFF but leave radio on manually.come back and should show 2000,which will allow code to be entered

andycupra

status subject to change
exactly an hour? lol never heard of this one.
although you are right, once 2000 is displayed enter the code via the radio pre-set buttons then press PTY i think to enter.

All this assumes you have the correct code :)

Each incorrect attempt will lead to a longer and longer delay before you can enter a code again.

Last edited:

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
I read the book about the stereo & once you got it working you can set it so you don't have to type code in every time power is disconnected

mclay

Sep 18, 2011
pontyclun - south wales
I have some literature for my car but not the handbook unfortunatley I tried pressing all the buttons to tell the truth lol but nothing happend so just gave up for today.

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
I have the same problem, the given stereo code doesn't seem to be right. When I enter it and press PTY, nothing happens. So annoying!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members