Radio issue!

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
Since last week my radio has stopped turning itself off when you remove the key from the ignition. I've tried turning it on/off with ignition on but still no joy. Also the interior light had started taking ages to dim once door is shut not a problem in daylight but again anoying when its dark outside! Has anyone had any issues like this? Tried searchy but could find what i wanted to know.:confused:

DougsCupra20vt

Did you remove the unit before the problems started?

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
No all was working fine until the night i blew the intercooler hose off and got towed home. I thought it might have been something to do with towing the car with the ignition on!!! possibly not though. Then when the jiggery pokery started!

DougsCupra20vt

Ummm try checking the fuses in the car then try the ones on top of the battery terminal. Only other thing i can think of is that your display front on your HU is up the creek. Fingers crossed its not.

hevparr

ghost radio

i have found that my radio started to come on when the ignition was turned off. I found that this happened when i took out the cds out of the changer. I ended up taking it to a seat dealer and explaining the problem, they said i had a knackered stereo unit (costing 350 quid) told them to swivell, took the car home and problem was solved. Dont know what they did but they saved me 350 quid. the radio still doesnt turn off though when the ignition is turned off. Any thoughts!!

teknow

Feb 10, 2007
Great Wyrley, Walsall
There was a known fault on the head units which caused this problem. I got this info from a guy called 'Fezza?' who was a Seat tech ... I thought on this site but it might have been another Seat enthusiasts site.

Anyhow, mine was 3.5 years old and just outside warranty but this Fezza chap told me about it and I called Seat, told them it was a known problem and they booked the car in and replaced the head unit free of charge!!

Good luck ... I think they are made by Grundig and there are links around as to repairs which I seem to remember reading border on the £75 mark?!!?

Hope it helps.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.