Radio Locked out

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Hello.

When fitting my inuction kit i took my battery out. After i had done i realised my radio had been locked out. Fine i thought. I got the hand book and entered in the code but it didnt tell you what to push after you had enter the code in. So it never unlocked.

I looked over the manual and tried a few things out. Now its even worse, it's got "SAFE" on the screen. So i was like OK what have i done now :confused: I read the intruction and it sayd you have to push the prog key once so it says programs then push it again to enter in the code.. When i push this button nothing is happening!!

What shall i do??? It does not respond to anything!! Tried d/c the bat again.. still says SAFE

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Been there! basicaly you have to wait, off the ignition, but press the power button on the radio so it stays on.
Come back to it in 30mins, it then allows you to enter you pin code.
ive made sevreal attempts, which ment i have to wait longer.

Skorchio

Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Ok ill go turn it on now.. i think tho i put it in to this "Safe" mode. by selecting it from the programs list

but it explains how to get it out the safe mode and it dont work!!!

Ill go turn it on and have a look l8r :D

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
As per BigLad,

Once it lets you enter the code again use the 1-4 memory buttons to enter your code & then press & hold the PROG button, should hear a bleep, and then it'll start working again...

I think the lock-out lasts 30mins, and goes up in 30min increments every time you mess up the code.

Skorchio

Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Ok it switched on. Says 1h in the hand book!! :)

never tells you to told the prog button after you enter the code tho.. Dam Seat!!

Thanks for your help guys!!! :)

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
I think the best way to get it out off safe mode is to rip it out with the changer and fit a new one...... i'll give you a hand on wednesday mate :)

glad you got it sorted.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
erm.. i cant reme,ber how i did it.. im sure you dont need anything special. i have the standard unit in the loft. i'll try to remember to go up have a look and try to remember what i did and then try to remember to bring it on wednesday.

mmo2blu

hi all anyone any ideas how to get a code as I bought my car second hand and there was no code supplied. Then the battery needed changing, Seat want £47.50 + VAT

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.