1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Radio not working...

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4' started by M Bizzle, Aug 14, 2013.

1. M Bizzle

M Bizzle Guest

Hi Guys & gals,

So the other day my radio stopped working in my fr tdi, no power to it whatsoever.

I found the fuse had blown in the fusebox so replaced that, still no joy.

Tried my old stereo... still no joy!

So nipped to Halfrauds today and bought a cheap stereo wondering whether both stereos were knackered (old one had been playing up hence replacement so thought it might've actually finally died) Still... no joy :cry:

Ive tested both the uninterrupted 12v and the ignition 12v on the cars iso harness and both are reading fine on a multimeter however the ground connection was reading 0 resistance.

Does this mean that my ground wire could be damaged somewhere in the loom and the stereos are staying off as a safety measure?

If so does anyone know where the wire goes so I can replace it, or have any ideas where I could run a new one and ground it?

As ever thanks muchly.

xx

2. Edward9th

Edward9th Active Member

I'd try the unit with the existing (proved) positive and a temporary earth for the other connection. If it works, connect a permanent earth anywhere you can.

3. 8arran8

8arran8 Active Member

I had the same problem for over a week before I realised there is 2 fuses for the radio for some reason!!
    I don't have the fuse numbers on me at the moment but can find out tomorrow morning if you still need them :)

4. M Bizzle

M Bizzle Guest

That would be amazing if you could, I've changed 51 but wasn't aware there was another.

:confused:

I've tried running a new earth and still nothing I'm afraid so hoping this other fuse is the issue...

5. 8arran8

8arran8 Active Member

Its Fuse F10 and F51.
    F10 is 5Amp, F51 is a 20Amp :)

Here is where they are to save you searching...
    [​IMG]

6. M Bizzle

M Bizzle Guest

LEGEND.

thats sorted it!

dunno what was going on with the earth but hey ho.

thanks matey

7. 8arran8

8arran8 Active Member

Glad I could help buddy!!
    If you can, then I would just stick with the original earth point, so remove that extra one you added. Unless you soldered it in then leave it :p

8. MR T

MR T Full Member

I too would like to hail you as a legend. Had the exact same thing this morning thought i was in need of a new radio