Radio (or ICE) question time!

GAL

Dodgy DIY WIRING Radio/Mirrors question time!

looks like Ive got some dodgy DIY speaker wiring and the front left speakers on my car aint working( in the door and dash). how do i get to the back of my radio? I take it I have to remove the center radio console? how do i do that? I can only see one screw at the bottom!

also My electric mirrors dont seem to work so is there any common faults with this that i can fix while im attending to my radio? or could the fault be down to the rewiring of the speakers on the dash?

seems who ever had it before me put some tweeters in and rewired the dash speakers to the tweeters up near the ceiling! and removed the dash speakers all together! are the wires for the mirrors in the same bundle as the speaker wires?

:help:

Last edited by a moderator:

GAL

Well I managed to strip everything off apart from the center console which i managed to half strip but still couldnt get to the back or pull out the radio!

manage to fix the front left speakers though. bad connection on the tweeters and one of the contacts in the plug on the door had come lose so pushed it in. all done.

also found an extra two kenwood speakers in the back which which were not connected and not on the parcel shelf! (are these standard?) so hooked them up too. the sound is pretty good in my car now!

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
The rears have 6x4's as standard, there are either side of the parcel shelf coverd by small grills/plastic trims, near the seatbelt reels.. these maybe have been replaced by some kenwoods hence not being in the shelf? if its a sony xplod its a case of removing the face off then there is too slots for the removal keys, altough anything flat and longish that will fit in there should fit. its only to press a couple of springs down.

ibizaSquint

just ask someone at halfords if u can borrow a pair. Works a treat.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.