radio problems in my ibiza

cupra1981r

hi guys, i seem to have an issue with my stereo. when im listening to the radio it sounds as though the volume randomly goes up and then down. when the volume goes down it sounds quite muffled and by the sound of it,it sometimes comes out louder from certain speakers, both the fade and balance.

this becomes quite annoying after a while to be honest, but doesn't do it with a cd.

does anyone have any answers/advice for me?

cheers...:confused:

I'm not sure (the passat I had did it in it's OEM fit headunit) but does the stereo have Speed sensitive volume control - ie, as you go faster the stereo turns up to cancel out road noise etc? I know there was a menu option in the Passat to turn it off though.

Adrian

cupra1981r

well, i do think when im accelerating or braking that the volume changes but i dont get why it goes muffled and the fade/balance all goes funny. like i say tho, not with cds. did your volume go up and down with cds?

maybe i have a fault and turning it off could clear the prob???

No - I turned the setting off almost immediately. I'd pull off with the music nicely set and by the time I hit the motorway it was ear piercing! Then you'd turn it down and as you got caught up in motorway traffic it would get too quiet... It was a nice idea!

As for the balance/fade? Not too sure, I did notice when the volume went up it brought out the fact that the bass was set at like +8 and it sounded worse and worse as it got louder.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.