Radio reception

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
I have a 56 plate FR and I have noticed that the radio reception seems to have got worse [ now out of warranty!] any one else had simlar problems - and yes the aerial IS still attached!!?!

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
Had to have the mast replaced on mine, was done under warranty tho, sounds like the same symptom to mine! Mechanic who did the replacement said they're always going on the mk2 leons/mk5 golf/audi a3 etc etc, basically the mast lets water in and corrodes! He said the part was about £50 iirc! Can't remember how much labour he said it would have been tho!

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Had to have the mast replaced on mine, was done under warranty tho, sounds like the same symptom to mine! Mechanic who did the replacement said they're always going on the mk2 leons/mk5 golf/audi a3 etc etc, basically the mast lets water in and corrodes! He said the part was about £50 iirc! Can't remember how much labour he said it would have been tho!
Thanks for that , I will try the stealers and see if there is any good will going ?!?!?

uuf361

Jun 29, 2008
Same thing happened with mine (58)....has radio, aerial and mast replaced under warranty (they did themast last and I think this was the original problem).

All fixed now :)

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Replaced my aerial with a stubby one on my 57 plate not because ther was anything wrong with it though.Still got it in the shed somewhere.

What the reception like with a stubby? - if I do need to replace it was thinking going for a shark fin with built in amp?

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
Prior to reading this threat, I was really disappointed with the Radio reception, but following reading this I went to my setealers to day to have it checked out as I was droping out if reception on the local radio frequencies and Radio 1 which is the most powerful.

They have confirmed that the mast is faulty and have booked me in to have it checked and a free health check before the waranty expiries.

So thanks Oldoiler for pointing out your fault as I would of just changed the head unit and I'd get your motor into the stealers for a new mast and insist that they do it for free as its a manufacture fault being poor manufactured!