Radio Signal.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
My radio reception has became terrible over the last few weeks.

Wasnt great in town before but you could pick up something but now I hardly get anything. :confused: :blink:.

Its an aftermarket JVC headunit but it has a signal booster fitted to it and its wired to the remote lead which it says to do on the instructions.

Im going to try resetting the headunit to see if that helps. But I think that it could be the actual base.

Does this sound like a viable problem?

Thanks,

Craig.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
when i added my extra one i joined the power direct over to the original, not sure if they get 12v all the time but it came alive when mine did :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
unclip the rear trim inside the taile gate and you can just get hands in to do it

careful though as it's creaseable easily

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Alright cheers mate.

Did the base fit onto the roof no problems? Does it need any connection to a 12v source?

Im guessing you also have an aftermarket headunit aswell??

Only thing Im worried about is dropping the headlining to fit it. :blink:

No 12v - plugged into aerial amplifier.

Base was a good fit (but I used a bit of clear silicon underneath for added sealing.)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Right Im still having problems with this as such.

Fitted the aerial base and ran the cable to the headunit, well plugged it into the Autoleads signal booster that I had. It was a VAG one as it had that on the label on the box. But the signal still aint great in town mainly.

In town I can vaguely pick up radio 1 but as soon as I get out of town and into the country side it get a perfect reception. Sometimes is does crackle etc but its only ever so slightly. And in the town I work I get a perfect signal outside my work aswell.

Anyone have any more suggestions? Im really starting to get annoyed with it.

Oh and I forgot to add, never creased the headliner one bit when changing it :funk: :D

Seat-Chris

MK2 1.4 Sex :D
Jul 20, 2008
Derby
I lost reception on my radio, i went to the scrappys looked for a vehicle that had the same input plug from the lead onit and cut it off, cut the end off mine, stripped the wire and the bit of my original wire, wrapped the coax together then pushed the wires together and wrapped with insulation tape and she works a treat now. :)

Seeing youve replaced the cable and other related components i cant see why you should still have no signal, it mite be worth just trying someone elses head unit out and see if it's the same?

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
I lost reception on my radio, i went to the scrappys looked for a vehicle that had the same input plug from the lead onit and cut it off, cut the end off mine, stripped the wire and the bit of my original wire, wrapped the coax together then pushed the wires together and wrapped with insulation tape and she works a treat now. :)

Seeing youve replaced the cable and other related components i cant see why you should still have no signal, it mite be worth just trying someone elses head unit out and see if it's the same?

I do have a signal, its just in my town I dont. I get abit of one but still get alittle crackling.

I just dont understand it. :blink:

I know if I put the original headunit back in (Seat one) I would get a 100% perfect signal. :confused:

Seat-Chris

MK2 1.4 Sex :D
Jul 20, 2008
Derby
I do have a signal, its just in my town I dont. I get abit of one but still get alittle crackling.

I just dont understand it. :blink:

I know if I put the original headunit back in (Seat one) I would get a 100% perfect signal. :confused:

only thing i can think off is the head unit bieng faulty itself :confused:

16vLeroy

I was thinking the other day that my radio reception had become poor in my works car over the past few weeks.
It loses stations, crackles and fuzzs through songs, drives me insane 12 hours a day.
Oh, standard Vauxhall radio, 57 plate vectra. :shrug:

In my conspiracy theory mindset, reckon they are turning the power down to force people into DAB. :whistle: Maybe i should get out more!! :)

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
I cant pick up AM on my radio at all ( Sony ), FM is spot on but just static on AM which is a bit of a downer when the footies on 5Live!