Radio Unit

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
When you start the car, the volume of the radio (or other media) comes on at it's previous level (p8 of the Media System Plus manual). How do you get it to not come on at all?
If you turn it off the whole screen goes off.
What I would like to do is to turn the radio on when I want it say a few miles down the road. Not have it start up at the start of every journey. I've tried turning it off just before stopping but it still comes on at the start.

Anyone reproduce this or crack the solution?
Thanks

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
When you start the car, the volume of the radio (or other media) comes on at it's previous level (p8 of the Media System Plus manual). How do you get it to not come on at all?
If you turn it off the whole screen goes off.
What I would like to do is to turn the radio on when I want it say a few miles down the road. Not have it start up at the start of every journey. I've tried turning it off just before stopping but it still comes on at the start.

Anyone reproduce this or crack the solution?
Thanks

Isn't there an option In the sound setup to set the max volume when powered on?

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
Isn't there an option In the sound setup to set the max volume when powered on?

Yes there is.

But if the system is turned off at shut down then it should remain off at start up...mine does.

You could leave the system on but use the steering wheel mute function when you start up and then un-mute when you're ready :idea:

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

Last edited:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Yes I do that but it's a bit annoying to have to keep turning off something that should be off

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
There's something wrong with your system then. If you are switching it off before you turn the ignition off then it should stay off when you re-start.

I've read that some cars are not storing the dash light brightness between startups. It seems that some cars are having memory issues, and yours sounds like one of them...does yours remember any stored settings?

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise